What's the name of those pointsettia-like flowers?

What are those yellow and red flowers, look like large pointettias on the sides of the road? They are indigenous but I forget the name.

Thank you one and all.

Do you mean these?

I think they are poinsettias.

If not,
please join in my Name My Nancyboy Pretty Things Contest and set me straight

[quote=“Jaboney”]Do you mean these?

I think they are pointsettias.

If not,
please join in my Name My Nancyboy Pretty Things Contest and set me straight
.[/quote]

Yes, those, sometimes red and sometimes yellow. No, they aren’t pointsettias. I read somewhere what they are but I can’t remember now.

They’re NOT!?
Are you sure?
They must be kissing cousins then. Same pseudo-flower leaf trick, colouration, leaves feel the same.
Damn. Another hole in the flickr files.

hmmm… the are cultivated and studied in Taiwan

I’m pretty sure those are poinsettias.

My neighbor has about 20 of them around her house and when I asked her she said they were ‘Poinsettias - Christmas Flowers.’
Shes’ old school Taiwanese.

Listen, you lot!
If Macho Man says they’re not poinsettias, they’re not poinsettias.

'K?

He knows his flowers.

They are, eat one … you’ll die … than you’ll know … they are just not cultivated to put indoors …

But they ARE poinsettias. Minging Man is obviously a complete idiot who smells.

Well, I said poinTsettias which clearly they are not. :wink:

Hmm. So much for damned local guides. :fume:

i don’t know but i never knew a pointsettia could grow to tree size until i came here.

That’s what threw me too. Well, that and the “knowledgeable” local guide who told me they were not poinsettias but some local species.

Well, today I learned that the potted poinsettias, with the full-bodied growth we get back home are a product of the nurseries. I recall a few plants that lasted, but never more than knee high. Just used to the unnatural variety back home? :idunno:

Urban myth according to Wikipedia.

Urban myth according to Wikipedia.[/quote]

Only one way to find out for sure. :smiling_imp:

Urban myth according to Wikipedia.[/quote]

Well, fuck. I’m not backing up Macho Man on that one. I’m not backing him up on anything else ever again! Give me some of those poinTsettas! I’m gonna eat some.

Feckin know-it-all ramblers.

Well, well, well… Kell surrr prize! If it isn’t all the regular suspects gathered in this nancy-boy thread.
Jaboney, The King of Nancydom has flushed you out!
It’s good to know, it’s good to know. … off to WF for debriefing

[quote=“tash”]Well, well, well… Kell surrr prize! If it isn’t all the regular suspects gathered in this nancy-boy thread.
Jaboney, [color=green]The King of Nancydom[/color] has flushed you out![/quote]
King? Puh-leaze. It’s Queen, honey. Come on, this is Nancydom we’re talking about.

And here’s a little botanical beauty, just for you, dear.