What's Your Favorite Michael Jackson Song?

As a child:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8Qko5m8oAw

As an adult (er, ahem):

youtube.com/watch?v=_fHoDWc22B0

Bilie Jean and Thriller. The rest was ok. Actually I didnt ever think of him as a superstar just that those two songs were great.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. As far as guys who were primarily interpreters, I’m going for Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Elvis Presley.

I don’t think there are any people who are defending him as an artist or musician. “He’s a guy who made a lot of money and became very famous…”

z :doh:

Unfair characterization, Elequa. Please consider removing it.

Though not my favorite genre, I much prefer the arrangement of Billie Jean done by Chris Connel:
youtube.com/watch?v=epXN1eUk … re=related

which was later made famous by David Cook:
youtube.com/watch?v=BUfbLtZH … re=related

Unfair characterization of whom? MJ or The Cabal?

That is a great cover. Though I much prefer him back in the days when he sang stuff like Far Beyond The Wheel & Hunted Down

Don’t stop till you get enough
Rock With you.

Practically the whole “Off the Wall” album.

1. Rockin’ Robin

2. ABC

3. I Want You Back

And I remember where I was when I first heard “Black and White” . . . a little village in Ghana that had had electricity in the 60s, but then lost it ten years later, and still hadn’t gotten it back when I was there. It was playin’ on some guy’s cheap little, hand-held, battery-powered radio.

Can you think of any other places that HAD electricity for a decade, and then lost it for over a decade?!

Ben

I like the ones that Weird Al did.

1. Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough (and I can’t with this song :stuck_out_tongue: )
  2. Rock with You
  3. Thriller Hey it was so good, it reformed a bunch of prisoners in the Philippines.
    4)Leave Me Alone
    5)Butterflies The ultimate stepper’s jam. (if you don’t know what steppin’ is, wiki it)
    6)Scream Janet,IMO, upstages him in dancing in this one.
    7)You Can’t Win–From The Wiz

So what’s yours…

Mine is called “This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.” :fume:

I like his Neil Young covers most.

Human nature. youtube.com/watch?v=Pjzer9dUWmg

Ben

Lisa It’s Your Birthday
That Simpsons episode he was in is one of my favorites.

None.
Though I do like the bass line in ‘Billie Jean’.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
Lisa It’s Your Birthday
That Simpsons episode he was in is one of my favorites.[/quote]

That was a cute one.

Here are my favorite songs: One Day in Your Life, Music And Me, The Girl is Mine, Farewell My Summer Love, I’ll Be There, Can’t Stop Loving You, Man in the Mirror, Give In To Me.

Tee hee. How could I have forgotten about this one?

“Political Song for Michael Jackson to Sing” - the Minutemen

youtube.com/watch?v=P2-CgCyh5YM

“I must look like a dork” :whistle: :doh:

[quote=“Namahottie”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
Lisa It’s Your Birthday
That Simpsons episode he was in is one of my favorites.[/quote]

That was a cute one.[/quote]
That was also funny what he did on MIB2. Not afraid to poke fun at himself.

Wanna be startin somethin, Dirty Diana