What's your level of education and what's it worth to you?

[quote=“Surly”][quote]Was walking across campus one day and thought “why not law school?”
[/quote]
Jeez, if you were high and around a med school, imagine…![/quote]

Yea, I’d still be in school and would have a million dollars in debt.

[quote=“Mother Theresa”][quote=“Surly”][quote]Was walking across campus one day and thought “why not law school?”
[/quote]
Jeez, if you were high and around a med school, imagine…![/quote]

Yea, I’d still be in school and would have a million dollars in debt.[/quote]

Nah. One of my very good friends graduated high school the year before me. He went to med school. The trick is to graduate without any drug addictions. If you do, then you can get all those million dollars of debt paid off for you by doing 5 years doctoring up Native Americans. You’re stil paid a handsome “wage” of 80-100 grand, so it ain’t so bad.

Plus! You get all sorts of offers for free stuff and credit cards with rediculously low interstrates!! And, boy, if your hight moral standards start to slip a bit, the drug companies will send your entire family to Disney world for writing 200 scripst for antacids or whatever new twist or old drug they’re pushing!

Med school is very tough, but being a doctor has it’s priviliges. :unamused: Even if Medicine were my dream, I’m not sure you could pay me enough to be responsible for another person’s health/life AND put up with all the stress of that job and the bs from dealing with the public and the insurance companies. Malpractice insurance can be an enormous overhead.

I ran off to China before even finishing high school. If all you want out of life is teaching English unqualified, then you don’t need anything else. I suppose then, as has been said in this thread before, it just depends on what you want out of your career. Someone is going to find a cure for cancer, someday. I can imagine it won’t be a high school dropout.

Currently, I’m oficially in the last days of a BSc degree in International Business Studies. It’s a joke. I can’t deny that I’ve learned things, but these are things that don’t require so much understanding as they do just memorization. Less than a year on the workfloor would have taught me all the things I’ve learned today, minus the ‘give it a name’-approach to management issues. I’m not really ever going to give a flying fuck whether I’m being more of a ‘monitor’ or a ‘caretaker’. Come oooon.

So no, I’m not going to continue on to get a master’s in this field. I reckon, wanting to get into the field of international business and having Chinese language abilities, there’s really only one thing to do. As soon as I get that piece of paper that says I’ve wasted several years at this and that uni, it’s off to work I go. Start out anywhere, and prove yourself through merit. The degree only matters for getting in. Once you’re in, you just got to show it.