What's your level of personal intergity?

It is if you’ve been indoctrinated with the perversity Western post-modern pseudo-values.

I wasn’t, so I have no qualms whatever about condemning any culture which I may regard as morally spastic.

[quote=“puiwaihin”]How are we not passing judgement when we are telling another culture that they are being prejudiced?

“I’m sorry, but I refuse to work for you because you have prejudicial hiring practices.”

That is what you want people to say, and that is passing judgement.[/quote]

It sure is, and it’s great! Nothing wrong with letting a group of ethical halfwits know where they stand in the real scheme of things.

[quote=“Jaboney”][quote]
The problem was a lack of political will to enforce existing legislation (and clean up lower levels of legislation to bring it into alignment with these constitutional amendments), not a lack of legislation. Additional laws were later introduced to address already illegal, but too often tolerated activities (lynching, to take an extreme example).
[/quote][/quote]
How is that any different from what I wrote? Jim Crow laws and the like were a response to the Civil War Amendments, regardless of their legality, they were laws on the books that were enforced to disenfranchise blacks. The movement was about ending these laws, not legislating equality which as you pointed out was provided by the 13th - 15th amendments.

You’re right; my bad. I read your comment on the need to remove inequality from the legislation as emphasizing the need for legal redress, when, given the Civil War Amendments, all that was necessary was the political will to strike down already illegal Jim Crow laws. Namahottie’s point, that the movement created a lot of legislation, but failed to create equality, is correct. But you’re right too, removing (already illegal) inequality from the legislation was a goal of the movement–and one reached much more successfully.

The point I sought to stress is that law enforcement–despite objections to the contrary–is a political activity. And given the broader legal environment and goals of the movement, that movement should be considered to have been more about political action than legislation.