What's your political alignment?

[quote=“Alien”]Would rather try a little forced feminization on cold front.
That would learn him…;-)[/quote]

So, does that mean you’re willing to date cold front? :wink:

Tigerman, I have a pineapple like you now!

You do. You also have one of those sage icons. How’d you get that? No, I’m not making fun of you… I mean, really… how does one become a sage? :wink:

Go back and reread my every post, especially those responding to Fred Smith.
I think only Sandman and I are sages. We asked nicely and then cleaned Maoman’s toilet.

[quote=“Alien”]Would rather try a little forced feminization on cold front.
That would learn him…;-)[/quote]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.31

Alien:

So how does responding to my posts entitle you to become a sage? Is it because of the intellectual rigor of my well-balanced arguments, my deep historical understanding of world issues or my acute insight into seemingly unsolvable problems?

I see you deep-sixed my well-balanced, rational, good-intentioned discussion of the Muslim World. I know where you live… :smiling_imp:

fred

I don’t remember the numbers it gave me – I took it before people started posting theirs – but I was on the horizontal line a little to the right of Gerhard Schroeder (so, probably around 0.0 libertarian/authoritarian, and something small right/left).

I have a hard time believing in any quiz that claims Schroeder is on the right, though. :unamused:

How did this happen ?

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

I got my political compass at Eddie Bauer. It has a nice silver case with a blue face and shiny black needle. The letters A (authoritarian), L (liberal), Le (left) and R (right) are in silver, as well. It is really a classic looking compass. Plus, they were having a special – buy the political compass at full price and get the matching moral compass (with a red face) at half price. I’m so glad I bought them… they’ve kept me on a steady course ever since the hunky DHL guy delivered them. :sunglasses:

Actually, I took the test but can’t find the results… I was, however, just inside the angle for the liberal left section. Boy would my dad, the conservative, Evangelical, Bush Republican be proud!!! :laughing:

I did have a problem with some of the statements. Many were vague and not easily answered by agree or disagree, as someone else also said. There were many times I wanted a “Neither Agree or Disagree,” “Agree & Disagree,” or “Sitting on the fencepost choice.” :frowning:

And for the poster (I can’t remember who and I’m too lazy to look) who asked the difference between agree and strongly agree. Here’s a simple guide.

Strongly Disagree = 0% or “Yeah right! Your brain is a pile of mush if you think I would agree with this statement.”
Disagree = 25% or “I disagree with this statement, except for when I’m doped up on chocolate or valium.”
Agree = 75% or “I agree with this statement, unless my boyfriend left me or they cancelled WWF wrestling.”
Strongly Agree = 100% or “You better believe it, baby! You are da bomb!”

Got it?

[quote=“hexuan”]How did this happen ?

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97[/quote]

Well, obviously, the test is pseudo-science. Like astrology, we should probably accept it for the harmless fun it is.

Are you a neoconservative?

I ranked as a liberal (the other 3 results being isolationist, realist, and neoconservative).

[quote=“mod lang”]Are you a neoconservative?

I ranked as a liberal (the other 3 results being isolationist, realist, and neoconservative).[/quote]

Looks like I’m a neoconservative.

Ethical Philosophy Selector

Unsurprisingly to me, I scored as something I’ve known all along - a Logical Utilitarian Epicurean Empiricist. My top 5 scores:

1. Jeremy Bentham (100%)
  2. Epicureans (86%)
  3. Aristotle (85%)
  4. Aquinas (84%)
  5. Thomas Hobbes (82%)
  1. Kant (100%)
  2. Jeremy Bentham (90%)
  3. Spinoza (81%)
  4. Jean-Paul Sartre (78%)
  5. John Stuart Mill (76%)

I see you’re one of those “the means justify the ends” kind of people.

1. Aquinas (100%)
  2. Kant (95%)
  3. Stoics (84%)
  4. Aristotle (75%)
  5. Spinoza (75%)
  1. Jean-Paul Sartre (100%)
  2. David Hume (87%)
  3. John Stuart Mill (87%)
  4. Epicureans (81%)
  5. Nietzsche (75%)

I don’t like Sartre at all, but I do consider myself something of an existentialist. Hume and Mill, on the other hand, are among my favorites.

Cranky’s philosopher profile fits with his posts: utterly rational, but with a strong moral element.

Tigerman’s philosopher profile suggests he believes in an ordered universe, but also has a strong utilitarian bent.