I’m a Realist. No suprises there.

freddy

Your Results:

1. Epicureans (100%) Click here for info
  2. John Stuart Mill (94%) Click here for info
  3. Nietzsche (91%) Click here for info
  4. Thomas Hobbes (87%) Click here for info
  5. Jean-Paul Sartre (81%) Click here for info

Aquinas 100 percent. But what does that mean politically?

freddy

It’s probably a safe bet that it doesn’t mean you and I have the same politics. :laughing:

Economic left/right 1.12
Libertarian/Authoritarian -4.15

I have no famous people in my box. Why not?
What’s wrong with me? :shock:

Too left wing on economics for Ayn Rand I imagine.

HG

Why Cranky Laowai: Whatever could you mean? I am no doubt as eminently rational and sensible as you hence the same scores. That’s what you meant, right? :wink:

Two navels:

There is more than one link provided to take the test. Check out the other web site offered later in the thread.

freddy

4 eyes I scored the same. Too bad I’m not famous though.

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72

Thought for the day:

I don’t know why its so important for people to feel that they have “someone famous in their box.” So long as the someone in your box is a someone you like, you should be content.

Second thought for the day:

Breakfast.

What’s your religious compass?

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
  2. Liberal Quakers (87%)
  3. Unitarian Universalism (87%)
  4. Bah??Faith (75%)
  5. Neo-Pagan (75%)
  6. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (72%)
  7. Reform Judaism (70%)
  8. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (68%)
  9. New Thought (68%)
  10. New Age (63%)
  11. Secular Humanism (61%)
  12. Scientology (60%)
  13. Sikhism (57%)
  14. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (54%)
  15. Nontheist (48%)
  16. Mahayana Buddhism (47%)
  17. Taoism (47%)
  18. Orthodox Judaism (46%)
  19. Theravada Buddhism (45%)
  20. Jehovah’s Witness (43%)
  21. Eastern Orthodox (42%)
  22. Roman Catholic (42%)
  23. Islam (40%)
  24. Orthodox Quaker (38%)
  25. Hinduism (32%)
  26. Seventh Day Adventist (28%)
  27. Jainism (23%)

Religionwise:

I am 100 percent Ba Hai 90 percent Orthodox Jewish 85 percent reform and 70 percent Islam. Maybe the Muslims will swing me over after all.

freddy

No comments:

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
  2. Unitarian Universalism (98%)
  3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (92%)
  4. Liberal Quakers (84%)
  5. Mahayana Buddhism (76%)
  6. New Age (76%)
  7. Secular Humanism (75%)
  8. Sikhism (75%)
  9. Hinduism (68%)
  10. Theravada Buddhism (68%)
  11. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (66%)
  12. New Thought (61%)
  13. Reform Judaism (59%)
  14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (58%)
  15. Bah

What’s Your Spiritual Type?

You scored 46, on a scale of 25 to 100.

40 - 49 Active Spiritual Seeker. Spiritual but turned off by organized religion

Mod Lang, thanks for posting that link. I went right through the survey and found it interesting, but I have some concerns about it. If treated as a bit of fun, it’s OK, but it should not be taken in any way seriously as a guide to religious traditions.

It is inaccurate and misleading. If one were a thinking Christian who had systematically studied some theology, the possible answers are too simplistic.
As a Buddhist (meaning that I have ‘taken refuge’ in a formal ceremony and that I follow teachers who have been appointed by their own teachers in authentic lineages of major traditions), I find many of the answers slanted, incomplete or irrelevant.

I feel a kinship with followers of all major religious traditions and strongly support their efforts to help people behave in a moral, compassionate way. This does not mean, however, that I believe all religions are the same; they have very important differences. To say that, for example, Christianity is basically the same as Buddhism is to hold a shallow and even disrespectful view of both religions.

Surveys such as this can have the pernicious effect of encouraging the view of religion as a kind of ‘lifestyle choice’; a kind of designer accessory to be taken on when one has enough time and already has a decent house, car etc. Religion is a medicine for human suffering; treating it as a lifestyle accessory removes all the medicine and the ability to help people when things get tough.

It’s clear that different religious traditions suit different kinds of people, and that’s the way it should be. But too much chopping and changing will not accomplish anything, and taking a ‘pick ‘n’ mix’ attitude even less. One will only pick what one likes at the time and will never really have to confront difficult issues.

I mean the above in the spirit of trying to be helpful and I really apologise if I’ve offended anyone.

Well i was surpirsed by my results.

Political comapss pegged me as more of a left-wing libertarian than anyone here. Like Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama on speed. Very strange as I don’t consider myself very ‘left-wing’ economically (I got -8.12 and -6.92 for libertarianism). This test is ovbviously broke if it puts Fred Smith, Codl Front and Tigerman near the center.

The philosophy one was intersting as it put me in 100% agreement with Kant, but I checked his beliefs and they seem quite off. 80% ofr John Stuart Mill, and 77% with Jean-Paul Satre. Pretty close to Tigerman actually.

The religion one was weirdest fo all. I think it must be broke. I got 100% Unitarian Universalism and 97% Liberal Protestant despite strongly disagreeing with a belief in God. I thought I’d end up more Buddhist.

The spiritual type one was pretty simplistic with just a one way scale. Put me as a Spiritual Seeker which is bullshit. I’m not seeking.

Oddly enough I’m not a neo-conservative (they called me a liberal).

brian

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44

Down with Nelson, the Dalai and Ghandi. Not a bad place to be.

And me. I’m not a bad chap either.

HG

Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

I am definitely in the left and definitely more of a libertarian, but in that happy medium right in the smack of both.

Funnily enough, I’ve read a few of the books on the reading list suggestion for left-leaning libertarians.