When is the right time to leave

I am a member of few FB groups for jobs in Taiwan. Mandarin & English groups. What’s up with all those low salaries in posted ?

1.Project manager in IT company for 50k +bonus
2. Sales manager for 45k
3. Chef in French restaurant in Xinyi for 34k.
4. Full time children nanny for 20k (including weekends)
List goes on
5 oh yea ,experienced in operator of CNC machine for 38k

Are salaries so ridiculous low or people desperate looking on FB to scam naive, desperate job searchers?

This is crazy, tw folks pay so much for children education, so one day they end up working 200 hours monthly for 50k or even less ?

7 Likes

That group had to insist that they post the salary along with the ad. This because a lot of them hid that part wanting people to call and waste their time first just to be told that they were only offering $30k. I’m guessing people are going for it otherwise it wouldn’t be posted so low.

$30 to $50k was passable 10 years ago but close to the poverty line these days.

2 Likes

Taiwan law is that any salary under 40K must be listed in the job advert.

3 Likes

I hate how mentally slow adults act here. They’re all that slow coworker.

1 Like

Call it buggy software: full of infinite loops that only stop when they do a hard reset: bu shing!

Many times they are busy collecting datat points that have no bearing on the issue, so everything takes forever.

1 Like

Jeezus christ where did you come from where things move faster than Taiwan. The only place I can think of is HK pre-political awful stuff—now that place was fast!

Guy

2 Likes

My wife and chain was just telling me about a study that found that Japanese people are the smartest people in the world and Taiwanese people are second.

And if we just stick to Japan and Taiwan, my take is Japan is more deliberative (this can, in certain circumstances, drive westerners nuts).

Guy

Academically sure but general life skills seem to be lower in my experience in 苗栗國

2 Likes

Outside the box skills are non-existent in Japan in my experience.

1 Like

From Taiwan to Japan, riding in a taxi that follows the speed limit was a culture shock alone.

2 Likes

There is a reason Americans make them take the SATS in the states…

ETA: Anywaysssss every job I applied for in Australia rejected me :sob:. I really want to get it figured out before August. I don’t want to be stuck here and in debt while getting my degree. The schools here want ~ experienced ~ teachers for $600/hr. That’s not enough money for one person.

2 Likes

Perhaps because you are not there yet?

Keep applying, looking for a job can be a full time job. How much time did you spend on your CV?

@Satellite_TV makes a good point that it’ll be easier after you get there

I just did a quick search on Facebook and everything I saw was 700+

4 Likes

@Satellite_TV @TT

I’m scared to move there without a job lined up.

It seems there isn’t a lot of public health jobs. I could remake Facebook tonight I suppose.

For non-citizens without experience who aren’t in the country, that isn’t a surprise. Is your bachelor’s degree relevant?

1 Like

There are but in some cases you would need an overseas qualification to be assessed. You can have that done online.

Sure, there are worse places. Doesn’t discount the run-around each time one goes into offices here. Banking, anyone?

The post office has called me 7 times to day. If they actually delivered like their job entitles, they would have known I left money already. :duck: twats

I have found that out of all the delivery options the post office is incredibly lazy. They often dont even attempt to deliver things and just leave a note.

2 Likes