So how many passports did u end up with?
And is having 2 passports enough??? Or does a person need to get more for more freedom?
So how many passports did u end up with?
And is having 2 passports enough??? Or does a person need to get more for more freedom?
Taiwan should give more. It has 600billion usd.
Just give 1 billion usd per yr divide it among everyone
I’m so glad I’m not paying taxes in Taiwan anymore. Much better to have a job where there’s no tax at all.
Look I don’t mind paying taxes for useful public services.
But when those services are cut, and instead the money is used to support freeloaders living abroad, I am less impressed.
Guy
Four in total.
An Australian passport, a New Zealand passport, a Taiwanese passport, and a European one.
At this point I don’t think I need any more.
Between those four, I can already live, work and retire across a pretty large chunk of the world if I ever wanted to.
Fantastic!!!
I understand your concern.
As a non-tax resident living comfortably in Australia, I will do my best to spend my NT$10,000 responsibly. Perhaps on a nice dinner while reading your concerns in this thread.
This is akin to a reporter mentioning pedophiles, and DJT immediately responding and taking it personally. So . . . it’s about you!
Guy
Neither would I, the thing is that isn’t what’s happening in Taiwan. What is happening is they’re letting people get citizenship just to get this money and then move to another country so they can cash in on Taiwan’s stupid policies.
I don’t actually blame comfy. I mean, if this is what Taiwan wants to be, good for him. I’m just not going to support it.
The letting people do it on APRCs do it too. Did you get yours?
If so…
Get ready to get “stimulated”

Came across this article discussing the payments becoming permanent?
I would certainly be happy with that ![]()
![]()
![]()
What do y’all think?
I would prefer they invested more cash into low income parents with kids and public schools. That is an investment for the long term for Taiwan
But that would actually make sense. Much better to just hand everyone (including many living abroad permanently and paying no taxes) a NT$10,000 stimulus cheque and call it an election win.
Yes, I’ve visited two so far as part of my family obligations here.
They are “utilitarian”, but not bad per se. Bare walls, plain food, no decorations anywhere, just a few posters explaining rules for visitors.
But also clean and decently staffed with genuinely nice care-givers.
They would not be my first choice personally, but if the course of my life lead me to one somehow I wouldn’t be upset. ![]()