When will the border open?

Maybe that should be more clear in your poll description :thinking:

How many of you are tourists?

How many of us factor in to your travel plans?

1 Like

Itā€™s refreshing that youā€™re at least honest about your selfishness.

6 Likes

Well this is about your travel plans too.

This affects YOUR travel plans too. You are not a tourist.

Weā€™re all temporary tourists to this universe. Seeing as much of the sights in our short lives before leaving.

Not really, Iā€™m still exploring Taiwan.

Iā€™m pretty sure the reason Taiwan is concocting squirrelly ā€œreasonsā€ for why it canā€™t open its borders now that make little sense is because it doesnā€™t want to offend Japan. Conversely the key to understanding when Taiwan will join the rest of the world by opening its border is when Japan gets its Covid outbreak under control again. Right now itā€™s not clear when that will happen.

Who you calling temporary? Iā€™m immortal!

1 Like

Just gonna leave this here for all the poor souls desperately waiting for a country (Taiwan or, in my case, Japan) to reopen to tourists long after the rest of the world has moved on.

I wouldnā€™t say ā€œoffendā€, but weā€™re definitely in a situation where Taiwan is looking up at big brother Japan for direction here.

1 Like

I can get used to this. Letā€™s keep the border closed.

I am not being serious.

3 Likes

On the bright side, when the seat belt sign is off, you can lift the arm rests and lay down. :grinning:

Sadly, thereā€™s less probability of making a chance encounter with the love of your life. :ring:

1 Like

I guess they donā€™t have to worry about exceeding that 40k passenger a week quota.

2 Likes

For possible booking ideas: what flight was this?

Depends which route. My flight from Dubai to Taipei a few weeks ago was 70% full or something similar. The first leg: UK to Dubai was 100% packed, back to the horrific normal of long haul flights.

Taoyuan airport did seem to be more lively than when i left during the start of the pandemic. The ques were a nightmare though.

2 Likes

Taoyuan to and from Incheon.

Korea is open. But the tourists havent started going yet.

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve seen from peers my age and the YouTubers my wife watches, the destination to head to at the moment is Europe.

1 Like

Now I am opening the window to show other motorists my quarantine sticker to freak them out.

Iā€™m kidding

2 Likes