When will the border open?

When will the border open?
  • August
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

0 voters

I can assure you most of you are wrong. It will open before 2023.

1 Like

What the heck? It’s your poll. Stop Gerry meandering. Or filibustering. Or something🥲

3 Likes

You’re betting on next month? The CECC has already said it wouldn’t be in August (not that that counts for much, given how they tend to backtrack).

1 Like

Yeah they backtrack all the time so I think it will be August. Probably not all the way but it will be 0+7, then later they will allow foreign travelers.

I voted 2023 but I feel like even that is generous.

4 Likes

Maybe for China.

1 Like

If you consider 0+7 as opened border then yes definitely before 2023. I was thinking more along the lines of 0+0, in which case it’s going to happen between December and March.

Isn’t 0+7 open border? I don’t think many people care about the +7.

I class an open border as back to visa free entry for tourists

5 Likes

Well, then that would probably be later, but I don’t think it’d be 2023 either. Maybe October/November.

Tourists care.

I don’t think the +7 is monitored.

I think the biggest factor keeping Taiwan’s border closed currently is that fact that the numbers are blowing up in Japan, Taiwan’s biggest source of tourists after China. Japan is seeing its worst numbers of the pandemic now:

2 Likes

I don’t care about foreign tourists at all. I only care about my own travel plans.

1 Like

Border was always open. Have to do quarantine to ensure sefety and well being of Taiwanese people.

My wife had travelled to Taiwan 3 times in last 2 years. One time with kids. What is stopping you?

1 Like

They will blow up here too after ba.5 has got started. Its going to happen, just as omicron was also never going to be stopped by Taiwan’s border measures.

They need to accept reality here. Accept reality, and move on.

2 Likes

How does quarantine ensure the safety and well being of Taiwanese people? By delaying the entry of new variants?

1 Like

Sarcasm on.
World has to get together and start taking Covid seriously before becomes too late. Taiwan can lead.

PCR test for 7k twd (forced to take at departure) was way to cheap. When 9th wave comes government will need every dollar to raise up intensive care unit beds.

Westerners never learn

Oh, I understand now.