When will the US invade Iran?

Scorched earth, baby. Nothing seems to be off limits, seriously what can top off this year that’s already been a total surprise-fest? Not saying it’s a good thing.

Israel is likely rattled if not the rattler. Also, the man assassinated was a scientist. He may have been allegiant to the state and dearly loved, but he was no self-proclaimed leader of a terrorist organization, or commander of the military. In the eyes of international law, I imagine that’s quite different.

Wut?

The rattler. I mean they’ve been at war with Iran since 2018. This is definitely a high profile incident that puts Iran in a serious pickle. Israel would love a reason to intensify the war. Plus you got that secret meeting last week between Netanyahu, Pompeo, and bin Salman.

Us isn’t invading Iran though. It doesn’t make any sense. If Saudi participates in a meaningful way is an interesting thing to consider though. I wouldn’t think they’d want to invite the possible strikes on their cities and oil facilities.

I noticed you’ve chosen a very right-biased source with a credibility score of mixed due to many right wing opinion pieces and multiple failures to fact-check.

As a right-wing fellow, you do know that

“The IAEA and U.S. intelligence agencies believe it had a coordinated weapons programme that it halted in 2003.” And that,

“Iran ramped up nuclear work after Washington quit the 2015 deal, exceeding limits set by the agreement on production of enriched uranium - which can be refined into bomb material - although Tehran still has far less than its pre-2015 stockpile.”

I will give you though, with Trump in power we likely won’t have big wars in the Middle East- that the US are heavily involved in anyway. I personally think that’s a good thing. With Biden I’m afraid war is inevitable. The democrats really like the slow burn war, not the strongman act.

Invading Iraq after nineteen Saudis brought down the Twin Towers didn’t make any sense either. All it would take to mobilize the American Foreign Legion again would be for another John “Bomb, Bomb, Iran” McCain to come along and for Iran to exit the Iran Nuclear Agreement and kick IAEA inspectors out.

1 Like

You noticed wrong.

Meanwhile, while the U.S. has been fixated on imaginary weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East North Korea went from having no nuclear weapons to being able to strike any city in the U.S. with thermonuclear weapons.

As Americans mark Thanksgiving this year amid the pandemic, North Korea will be recalling a special anniversary of its own. On Nov. 28, 2017, dictator Kim Jong Un oversaw the launch of the largest missile ever flight-tested by the world’s last Stalinist country. Called the Hwasong (or “Mars”) 15, the missile showed that North Korea is capable of striking any part of the continental U.S.—from Los Angeles to New York—with a thermonuclear weapon. – Wall Street Journal, Nov. 25, 2020

1 Like

How do you reckon?

That’s pretty right my dude.

Right, well regardless of who actually carried out the attack, it was pinned on bin Laden, so America and it’s buddies invaded Afghanistan first. Then march 2003 they put their sights on Hussein and his alleged WMD’s in Iraq.

US invading Iran is a much more complicated effort, unnecessary with current tech and warfare methods (surgical assassination) as @jdsmith mentioned upthread. Plus no need to take the fight their yet, Syria is a big place to bomb, considerable Hezzbolah presence, etc.

If anyone were to increase the heat on Iran it would
be Israel most likely right now if
Iran chooses to retaliate because
Israel killed their guy because
Israel wants to deny it’s enemies access to water in order to
Keeping winning battles with low /no casualties in future and because
Iran Ayatollah desires to end Zionism and the state of Israel and
Has had it out for America since the pull out of Iran ND (and historically before that) and
The imposition of serious sanctions that hurt the people of Iran but
Left the leadership untouched who have
Begun making more enriched uranium faster than ever before and is
A main reason they are a target and considered a threat, especially to Israel and
It’s powerful and wealthy allies and
around and around it goes.

Also yeah McCain was hawkish and a known racist- some may say because of how he was tortured as a POW. I wasn’t exactly a big fan of his.

This is obviously a massive over-simplification of decades of conflicts across all of the Middle East involving many countries, backers, and factions. But for I think it’s pretty accurate about the immediate / recent situation.

I figure Trump called the meeting so he could get Bibi’s and MBS’s support for attacking Iran, so he could cancel the American elections (never mind Lincoln and the Civil War, or FDR and WWII).
However, Israel and (especially) Saudi Arabia are not about to take a prominent role in attacking Iran without America leading the way (and doing most of the fighting) .
The assassination was just an attempt by Bibi to signal that he was willing to go that far, and hopefully goad Trump into attacking before Biden takes over, or at least pissing in the water for Biden.

It’s actually not that simple, especially now.

1 Like

Word hasn’t gotten out apparently that it no longer matters if Iran develops nuclear weapons.

You said I chose the source. I did not. I don’t dismiss a source because some fact checker says it’s this or that. I make up my own mind. :cowboy_hat_face:

I’d say yes, Trump called it, but not so that the US would attack. The US withdrawal from the ME has been going for ten years. This is a continuation of it. I think Trump wanted them to know that getting the nuke deal back was not going to happen, and the Israelis, who weren’t even officially AT the meeting were going to step up and blow up Dr. Bitsandpieces. There’s nothing I’ve been reading that suggests a war with Iran. They are a bit regional player and the US is a megasuperpower. We can’t swing that much beef without slapping some faces.

Iran now knows that Israel is within their borders and has spies at the highest levels. Iran’s army and security forces point inward. not out. I suggest they will purge some dissidents right quick.

It never was. NK NOT firing a nuke is the only weapon they really have.

Oh okay, I see. That’s cool too, it’s good to hold strong convictions I think. Honestly, I think it’s indicative of strong character. As for me, my political ideology is left of left, but the sources I like to bring in are neutral and fact-checked. That’s just my way of doing it though because I don’t feel I’m going to win anyone over to my side here by sharing lefty sources :upside_down_face:

Largely agree with this assessment. Also, I do believe Trump will go on January 20, and start his 2024 re-election campaign on January 21, pointing at how Biden isn’t fixing the ME. Just a hunch.

You’re talking about the meeting in Saudi the weekend before the assassination right? Netanyahu himself was there, alongside bin Salman and Pompeo. The details of the meeting weren’t leaked, just that it occurred and who was there.

Unless you are referring to a different meeting I missed, yeah the Israeli MP’s presence I think would qualify Israel as AT the meeting.

I think if you clearly explain your opinion I’m fine with that personally. I don’t come here to change my mind about things. However, I think the focus on the SOURCE!!! is a headfake of biblical proportions. Most fact check sites are crap. That’s a fact. :wink:

Sabotage, assassinations, sanctions are never going to be enough to compel Iran to give up nuclear technology. If anything, the low intensity war against Iran will drive it towards developing nuclear weapons eventually. The bottom line is the only way to compel Iran to give up nuclear technology is to invade and install a secular, pro-Western government.

Yeah I don’t think we will get far trying to sway folk most adults here seem quite hard-line, for better or worse, haha. Good to know you’re open to hear different opinion though. Not everyone I’ve encountered on here who can accept that other people have different beliefs than themselves - not without feeling attacked anyway.

That’s not been my experience but that’s alright. I don’t do a lot of fact-checking personally, and I don’t think many honest people would say they do actually dig to the source or hit the literature. Although if you don’t trust the literature either then, idk haha. It’s true, I rely on institutions who rely on reporting from media organizations deemed credible by several metrics, usually drawing on the AP, Reuters, or any other highly factual and unbiased organization. I couldn’t tell you about “most” fact checking sites, but yeah skepticism of establishment narrative is healthy in general for sure.

That is a healthy attitude these days.

Case in point:

Incredibly— they didn’t just rate my post false, they authored an entire article along w/ it, explaining why Joe-Biden IS the President-elect.
Once I lawyered up, they retracted the article & issued a correction.

2 Likes