When will the US invade Iran?

You don’t ask questions. You made implications about what I believe and I had to set you straight.

1 Like

If you’re saying my questions may sometimes be leading…maybe. :slight_smile:

I ask lots of questions. It’s how people get to understand one another’s POV. I like to see your side of issues. It’s really quite complimentary.

The situation is sad with Iran. I never met an Iranian I didn’t like, all super intelligent people and upstanding member of society.

1 Like

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-pompeo-iran/iran-dismisses-pompeos-assertion-of-ties-between-al-qaeda-and-tehran-idUSKBN29H290

Hate to say it…but Iran is right.

No one is fooled. All 9/11 terrorists came from @SecPompeo’s favourite ME destinations; NONE from Iran,”

Always hated how much Trump allied with the Saudis. Wonder if Biden will take a different position.

1 Like

Time to mobilize the American Foreign Legion again.

Al Qaeda’s new base of operations is in Iran, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Tuesday, using his last days in office to tie together two of what he called the world’s greatest terrorism threats but offering no underlying intelligence as evidence. . . .

“They are partners in terrorism, partners in hate,” Mr. Pompeo told an audience at the National Press Club in Washington, where he did not take questions from journalists afterward.

“The time is now for America and all free nations to crush the Iran-Al Qaeda axis,” he said, crediting the Trump administration for making progress on that front.

Mr. Pompeo spoke alternately about Al Qaeda’s “new home base” and a “new operational headquarters” in Tehran, bewildering counterterrorism officials, who said there was no evidence for his assertions.

If the frog meme is right, that’s some serious 3D chess.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-moves-to-put-marines-on-commercial-ships-to-stop-iranian-seizures/ar-AA1eKz7u

I do not recall marines being used like this before.

Maybe @MalcolmReynolds could throw some light.

This was never done in my time, as far as I’m aware. Sometimes we’d have MEUSOC groups shadow commercial crafts and or aircraft carriers positioned in a location where we could react quickly.

But, putting Marines on commercial ships? Very new. Hard to believe it’s going to happen.
Security and safety issues abound. A hard no from me.

2 Likes

We will invade Iran, but not until we get them their money back!

The US moves to advance a prisoner swap deal with Iran and release $6 billion in frozen funds | AP News

The waiver means that European, Middle Eastern and Asian banks will not run afoul of U.S. sanctions in converting the money frozen in South Korea and transferring it to Qatar’s central bank, where it will be held for Iran to use for the purchase of humanitarian goods.

Buuuuullshit.