Where are the Human Shields for Iraqi Voters?

there are over 100,000 human shields in iraq protecting the iraqi people from violence. being practical, the us has given them arms. :wink:

It sounds like things went pretty well, considering. Let’s hope this is the beginning of the end.

If preliminary reports are accurate, I’d say it went excedingly well.

[quote][url=http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050130/2005-01-30T141229Z_01_BAK023473_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-IRAQ-ELECTION-SCENE-DC.html]BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Some came on crutches, others walked for miles then struggled to read the ballot, but across Iraq, millions turned out to vote Sunday, [b]defying insurgents who threatened a bloodbath.

Suicide bombs and mortars killed at least 27 people, but voters still came out in force[/b] for the first multi-party poll in 50 years. In some places they cheered with joy at their first chance to cast a free vote, in others they shared chocolates.

Even in Falluja, the Sunni city west of Baghdad that was a militant stronghold until a U.S. assault in November, a steady stream of people turned out, confounding expectations. Lines of veiled women clutching their papers waited to vote.[/url][/quote]

Tempo Gain,

I don’t think those who have no respect for human life are greeted with a deafening silence. They are greeted with machine guns. Opposing the policy of invading Iraq is a legitimate posture, even protesting by being human shields.

If you cannot see the difference, you are simply being blinded by your blood pressure.

For my part, I still believe it has been a resources war. Although clearly today in Iraq there was an upside to having the US make a grab for those resources. Definitely a good day for the Iraqis. I don’t know if it will be such a good day for the war on terror. It did, however, throw terrorism in to stark relief as a problem of criminality.

there are over 100,000 human shields in Iraq protecting the Iraqi people from violence. being practical, the us has given them arms. :wink:[/quote]

Let that be a lesson to the peace protesters. Next time get your own army.
CNN says 28 people died and 71 were injured trying to vote. All because the chickenshit bushie slackers wouldn’t go over to act as human shields. They disgust me.

Well let’s take the protesters and human shields at their word.

They claim to care first and foremost about the Iraqi people and do not want to see them visited with violence. Ergo, now that the Iraqi people are free and are being targeted by bombers and insurgents, why are they not offering to serve as human shields or to protest to raise “awareness” about the insurgents. Clearly, they are in fact hypocritical.

For those that claimed they were against the US getting involved in Iraq, they are absolved but then can perhaps be labeled as “selfish” and “uncaring” since this is also a frequent refrain targeted at the US by these professional and perennial peace protesters no?

Finally, Richardm, if you cannot see that these people have been protesting all along that they cared first and foremost about the Iraqis and their right to not be attacked, and are no where to be seen when Iraqis are being attacked nor are they even heard nor are they even engaging in solidarity then you must come to the conclusion that many of these protesters were in fact motivated by any of the following:

1. Hatred of the US
  2. Morally inconsistent posturing
  3. Boredom and a desire to experience the 60s through protest
  4. Nihilism. Criticism is given to the country that tries to rescue and build while nary a word about those that seek to destroy and not replace what is presently there with any coherent policy or plan.

So which is it? Let me once again reiterate my complete and utter contempt for the vast majority of “well-intentioned” peace protesters and human shields who have said nothing about nor tried to encourage the historic vote in Iraq and the one in Afghanistan, who have nothing to say about the removal of a murderous tyrant who killed 3 million nor the UN and French corruption that killed 500,000 nor the insurgent violence which has killed 20,000 to 30,000 Iraqis. NOR do they mention the 4 million Afghans who are now back in their own country free of the misery in Pakistan and Iran where they were forced to sexually enslave their own children just to survive. Tell me again about human rights and “concern.”
Again, my contempt and disdain and utter disregard for these people is uncontrollable. I spit on their very “consciences” and ask where in fact they are or whether they really existed. How’s that for direct?

[quote=“fred smith”]Finally, Richardm, if you cannot see that these people have been protesting all along that they cared first and foremost about the Iraqis and their right to not be attacked, and are no where to be seen when Iraqis are being attacked nor are they even heard nor are they even engaging in solidarity then you must come to the conclusion that many of these protesters were in fact motivated by any of the following:

1. Hatred of the US
  2. Morally inconsistent posturing
  3. Boredom and a desire to experience the 60s through protest
  4. Nihilism. Criticism is given to the country that tries to rescue and build while nary a word about those that seek to destroy and not replace what is presently there with any coherent policy or plan.[/quote]
    I see you have your own little fantasy world constucted. Nice. If you disagree with somebody, you can make up motives for them to make them sound evil. If I ever decide to become a crooked politician, I will ask you to become my campaign manager.

Fine Richardm:

Then please do explain to me and everyone else on this forum how these positions are consistent. Please explain to me why protesters would protest the US action to remove Saddam but be silent about the insurgent violence against them?

Why don’t you tell me then what motivated most of these concerned protesters and would be human shields? Tell me. I am all ears. Contemptous ears with absolute disdain for the moral spinelessness of these hippy shitheads and their wormridden theories about the world but like I said, please DO enlighten me. Give me any justification you want but just give me something to explain this incogruity?

[quote=“Fox”]Tempo Gain,

I don’t think those who have no respect for human life are greeted with a deafening silence. They are greeted with machine guns. Opposing the policy of invading Iraq is a legitimate posture, even protesting by being human shields.

If you cannot see the difference, you are simply being blinded by your blood pressure.

For my part, I still believe it has been a resources war. Although clearly today in Iraq there was an upside to having the US make a grab for those resources. Definitely a good day for the Iraqis. I don’t know if it will be such a good day for the war on terror. It did, however, throw terrorism in to stark relief as a problem of criminality.[/quote]

i think you should be able to see the difference between a deafening silence from the us army and a deafening silence from antiwar protestors. maybe you are being blinded by your blood pressure.

people have every right to protest against the us invasion, however i reserve the right to point out the hypocrisy of their silence with regards to the insurgents.

it’s clear that resources are not flowing into the us as a result of this war. i would like to know why you think it was a “resources war.”

…when Iraq was invaded human shield volunteers would place themselves at strategic sites critical to the well-being of Iraqi civilians in order to make the bombing of these sites politically untenable.
Two water plants, two power plants, a food silo, a communications facility and an oil refinery were chosen. Along with others the US and UK governments were notified of these positions. It is a war crime to harm infrastructure critical to civilian well-being, however this did not stop the US from targeting and bombing each and every one of these sites in the 1991 Gulf War, causing untold sufferering for millions of Iraqis (of whom just under half are children).
Of these sites only one was bombed in 2003; the communications facility, a day after the human shields pulled out of it.

But, as I understand it, we the “citizens” are responsible for the actions of “our” governments. It is we who are privileged to live in so-called “democracies” and so we are collectively guilty for what we allow to be done in our name, to both to the civilian population of Iraq and to others around the world. Ignorance is no defence. The existence of other tyrants, worse or not, is no defence. - Ken Nichols O’Keefe

[url=http://www.agitprop.org.au/nowar/20030430_briton_human_shield_interview.php]Guardian: What was your role as a human shield, where were you stationed, and what was the reaction of the Iraqis to your efforts?
Ruth: The human shields originally organised five sites with the Iraqi Government and also they had them classified by the United Nations as bona fide humanitarian sites

[quote=“Richardm”]…when Iraq was invaded human shield volunteers would place themselves at strategic sites critical to the well-being of Iraqi civilians in order to make the bombing of these sites politically untenable.

No one says you have to like these people. I just think it is wrong to ascribe their aims in untrue terms that only serve to stroke your own sense of self-righteousness.[/quote]

Richard… one problem…

The first bit above is not accurate. The Human Shields were not in Iraq “when Iraq was invaded”. They left prior to the invasion. Were they even there when the first bombs started to fall?

Nice try Richardm:

But I love the TOTAL and UTTER silence with NARY a peace protester or “human shield” to be found against the big bad insurgents but plenty to protest the US govt. Let’s face it. The peace protesters are basically bullshit as were the human shields. It is precisely because they knew that the US was not to be feared that they dared to be brave. Given true danger, they no longer are around to posture and pose. The true heroes were the millions of Iraqi voters who turned up at polls despite the violence and threats. These and their like are the true heroes. The peace protesters and human shields leave me with nothing but bemused contempt. Now, whenever these people appear again with their “concerns” we will just laugh them off the face of the earth. Hah! Their desperately pathetic posturing and worm-ridden lives without point or purpose fill me with uncontrollable disdain and lead to complete and utter derision of their would be hippy “activism.” I remain.

Contemtuous
Bemused in a Painfully Ironic Way
Sneering

But most of all and forever more

DISMISSIVE

and don’t forget the crusades. King Richard and his men plundered the area seven ways from Sunday and they didn’t say a word. Contemptible. How many fingers am I holding up?

Try try try as you will Richardm:

We have seen what the US has delivered first in Afghanistan and now in Iraq. Things are not perfect in either but they are better. Elections in both were predicted to be impossible but have been held to such a degree of success that no one can say anything. Contrast this with the “high-minded” protesters and I mean that in both senses of the word, first to accurately describe the pot-addled brains of the posters and sarcastically to their really “high” ideals. Now, who has given what to whom? Who has accomplished what? Look at what the US has done in Afghanistan and Iraq and other parts of the Middle East. What have the protesters accomplished? What rights have they helped deliver? How have they been a part of the solution? They are the problem. They have stood in the way of progress. They claim to care about humanitarian issues and rights while remaining silent while 4 million Afghans farm out their children for prostitution because they are poor then remain silent in the face of their return and their first ever vote which was a success. Try as you may, no one is fooled here. The peace protesters are beyond contempt for those most part and the Left has once again earned its descriptive “loony” title. Contempt. Dismissiveness. I have nothing but bemusement at how the Left is going to try to recover from this one, but be of good cheer. Maybe something bad will happen in Iraq or Afghanistan. Maybe something terrible will happen but at least then people on the left will have something to be happy about since it will reflect poorly on Bush in their eyes. How fing sick is that. Where are all those concerned voices today? Not one word of praise? relief? congratuations? admiration? Nothing? fing incredible.

The Muslims invaded the area first.

The Muslims invaded the area first.[/quote]

Saladin was a homosexual Kurd with a Jewish scribe. Not exactly your posterboy for being admired by the

So I guess the moral here is, if you want democracy, just fly some planes into some skyscrapers. The US will not only democratize your country, but all the surrounding countries. Do you know what kind of door Mr. Bush has opened?

So I guess the moral here is, if you want democracy, just fly some planes into some skyscrapers. The US will not only democratize your country, but all the surrounding countries. Do you know what kind of door Mr. Bush has opened?[/quote]

You conclusion is faulty.

And, the kind of door that Mr. Bush has “opened” has the Iranians and Syrians very worried.

So I guess the moral here is, if you want democracy, just fly some planes into some skyscrapers. The US will not only democratize your country, but all the surrounding countries. Do you know what kind of door Mr. Bush has opened?[/quote]

And, the kind of door that Mr. Bush has “opened” has the Iranians and Syrians very worried.[/quote]
Also worried are Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Poland.

And, the kind of door that Mr. Bush has “opened” has the Iranians and Syrians very worried.[/quote]
Also worried are Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Poland.[/quote]

Since there’s no such country as Czechoslovakia, [i]someone[/i] should be worried. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: