Where are the young men, a weight on their shoulders?

Yeah, I miss my T friends. I seem to keep endlessly ‘refreshing’ when I don’t even live in Taiwan anymore. I’m also fairly sure I’ll never go there again, either, so, it’s all a bit weird. Poor concentration while I’m getting used to an office job, definitely. I’ll fade out at some point, I guess.

It does have its good points for many, I concede. It’s just slightly mad for someone like me, who has nothing in common with any of the other posters.

Don’t be silly. You have lots in common with many of the other posters. You’re rude to me, for instance. You can also be bad-tempered and unreasonable. Other times, you’re a mine of useful information and can also say kind and supportive things. And you want to have sex with Maoman. You’re just like everyone else.

To the OP: I went to Carnegies last night at about 9pm, and found it full of morons. They were all standing and sitting around dribbling, blathering on about what they said to some pillock on forumosa, and staring at this one girls’ tits. Forumosans in real life are awful, although Joesax is a lot taller and Sandman slightly more pleasant than you might imagine from his posting.

It was awful. I tried to leave early but Lupillus stole my new motorbike. Just be glad you weren’t there.

Oh, and if you head down to Bitan waterside on Sunday afternoon, a whole bunch of people - some of whom appear on this website - will be there performing or appreciating music of a very pleasant and social nature. It’s perfectly acceptable to walk up to complete strangers and say “Hello. Will you be my friend?” at events like this. 3pm onwards, or so I’m told.

Having been sad and lonely on Taiwan’s birthday, weeping into my (depleted) bottle of Johnny Walker, an earnest plea goes out: WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND?

:roflmao: Had a good laugh here…

Then…

[quote=“Kahna”]When we post, we have access to online dictionari and thesaurinorum. Further, we can only type with two fingers, giving us lots of time to think while posting.

This is not an accurate reflection of what life is like once we leave the house, however.

Having said that, take a look at the shit-fest happening in that Comedy Thread - why the fuck is it that whever people try to have a go at each other, but try to do it in a “subtle” way, they invoke the spirits of Oscar Widdle, and Jezza Chaucer?!

[quote]“Oh, but by using the words ‘cad’ and ‘merry jest’ I create the impression that I am intelligent, and that the contents of my eloquent post shouldn’t be construed as my cocking you with mine snook, fine sir!”

“Indyght, fair knyght! I’ve doth spaken unto hym an jape! Wherefor hast he returned to his chambre to sheddeth an tear? Misfortune! Am he not fyndyng an humourous synse about hym self?”

“Fol-de-lol! Thar be fyndyng an jalousie!”[/quote]

etc. etc.

Very impressive, no?[/quote]

:roflmao: That was awesome!

[quote=“Buttercup”]Yeah, I miss my T friends. I seem to keep endlessly ‘refreshing’ when I don’t even live in Taiwan anymore. I’m also fairly sure I’ll never go there again, either, so, it’s all a bit weird. Poor concentration while I’m getting used to an office job, definitely. I’ll fade out at some point, I guess.

It does have its good points for many, I concede. It’s just [color=#FF0000]slightly mad for someone like me, who has nothing in common with any of the other posters[/color].[/quote]

What do you mean? You’re alive? You’re bored? You have an internet connection?

I like the Springboks. Do you think Percy Montgomery will be my friend?

Hey, anything’s possible.

[/quote]

hehehehehe Joe van Niekerk looks like such a DOOS sometimes

[/quote]

hehehehehe Joe van Niekerk looks like such a DOOS sometimes[/quote]

Which is odd, because the two blokes holding Percy on their shoulders are Jean De Villiers on the left and Juan Smith on the right, with Butch James in the background. But sure, Big Joe can look like a doos in some pictures… :wink:

Hey, I’m an American with no friends. Anyone for a game of Yikskei?

Don’t be silly. You have lots in common with many of the other posters. You’re rude to me, for instance. You can also be bad-tempered and unreasonable. Other times, you’re a mine of useful information and can also say kind and supportive things. And you want to have sex with Maoman. You’re just like everyone else.
[/quote]

No, I’m unique, god damn it.

OK, so I have something in common with everyone who knows you? I’m not rude to you, anyway!

Bad tempered, granted, but that is only because other people are frequently too evil/stupid to bear. That’s not unreasonable, it’s a healthy response to unpleasant stimulus.

Flob is not sexy. Ever. OK, well maybe those few times, but desire for our chairman has certainly not figured. I knew there was something odd about you, for all your tit-headedness.

I don’t know that game. But it sounds like a combination of beer pong and petanque.

I never go out because I hate everyone.

Ha ha, they could make a movie of your life story, starring Walter Matheau if he wasn’t dead:

www.grumpyoldprogrammer.com

:slight_smile:

I don’t know that game. But it sounds like a combination of beer pong and petanque.[/quote]

It’s a quaint Afrikaner game in South Africa somewhat similiar to boulle in France. Except you have a stick planted in a sandpit, with jukskei players throwing a pin (a heavy wooden job vaguely similiar in shape to a ten pin bowling pin) at the stick. The closest throwing pin to the stick wins.
It’s a game that began on the Great Trek from the Cape Colony into the hinterland of what is now South Africa by the “Voortrekkers” circa 1836. Eventually Afrikaners discovered the good old English games of Cricket and Rugby and went on to show the erstwhile motherland how these games are meant to be played.
However, some jukskei enthusiasts still exist and are not to be confused with lawn bowl players. Although players of both codes obviously have waaaaaaay too much free time on their hands.