Where can I apply for job as a music teacher?

hello everyone,
I am going to be graduate soon and planing to move to Taiwan in August. I have bachelor in Music and was wondering where can I find music teaching job or music job related in taiwan ? thank you

Well, are you fluent in Chinese?

It’s the food of love

You can teach the kids to sing the A B C.

1 Like

Try music stores, they often sell music lessons.

Then there’s a place called KHS which is generally in the business of offering music lessons… It’s a chain.

Will you have open work rights, or will you need a work permit

Are you Christian , perhaps you could apply at the private Christian schools to teach music using English?

International schools have music teacher positions. There’s a big demand for private lessons for children, too, but you’d need some fluency in Mandarin to pull that off.

I believe that will still require certification because of MOE regulations, and for real international schools there might be external accreditors. For example, Moreison Academy is a Christian international school on Kaohsiung

And open work rights

1 Like

I’m only referring to real international schools, and no, you don’t legally need certification to work at them, though they may prefer it, and are going to want you to have some experience. The top (best-paying) ones are very competitive.

Good point about open work rights to teach privately, though, if you’re going to do it legally.

I guess depends on the school. Doing church related things is mostly unpaid labor of love though. Apart from the famous Christian schools churches here don’t have a lot of budget to work with…

And missionary organizations, you will have to pay to work.

For non-English subject teaching positions in public schools, you will need fluency in Mandarin, a teaching certificate (from Taiwan), and open work rights. If you are a foreigner (with open work rights), you may be able to get away with not having a Taiwan teaching certificate.

The government doesn’t sponsor foreigners to come to Taiwan to teach non-English subjects. There are plenty of locals who can do that.