Where can I apply for Portuguese visa in Taiwan?

Does anyone know where I can apply for a Schengen visa to Portugal? I have plans to travel to Portugal with my Taiwanese friend. As you know, Taiwanese citizens don’t need to apply for a visa, but as a citizen of a Southeast Asian country, I unfortunately require a Schengen visa. However, there is no Portugal economic center here, and I cannot find information on an authorized Portugal outsourcing agent in Taiwan either.

Currently, we don’t have plans to visit Spain, but if it makes things easier, I can adjust our itinerary to include Spain and apply for the Schengen visa from there, as I know there is a Spanish economic center in Taipei. However, I am currently living in Kaohsiung, so I would prefer not to travel to Taipei if it can be avoided.

1 Like

You will most likely need to mail the filled visa application form, your passport and any supporting documentation if required to the consulate in Hong Kong. Include a self addressed prepaid envelope with tracking.

2 Likes

This.

You may be able to do it via the Portuguese embassy in your own country via post.

1 Like

Your best bet is contacting the Consulate General in Macau. Consulado Geral de Portugal em Macau e Hong Kong

4 Likes

Hi, I’m in the same boat as you, and I’m curious to hear what solution you found. Heading to Portugal in 2 months time. Thank you

1 Like

Ho did it go for you guys? Did you do it through HK? Will need to do it soon too.

1 Like

The HK consulat3 is only honorary, the proper consulate general is in macau. I do think they can issue visas there, but best to contact them first.

I was wondering exactly this. Why is the Portuguese consulate in HK and not in Macau :thinking:

it is not, the Portuguese consulate general is in Macau and covers both HK and Macau. In HK there is a honorary consulate dependent on Macau’s one which only assist for limited portuguese citizens service, like passports and ID card issuance, it seems it doesn’t offer visas which should be applied for in Macau.

1 Like

I’m curious if you can apply for a Schengen visa at any EU country’s consulate in Taiwan? There’s German institute, French, and who knows what else…