Where can I buy and rent electric bikes in Taipei?

I’m looking to buy an electric bike for myself and rent an electric bike for a friend who will visit so we can go biking together. Is there anywhere you’d suggest I go to find these (not necessarily both from the same place)?

Also, I’m wondering if there are any rules and regulations I should know about for electric bikes or if it’s just the same as normal cycling?

What kind of e-bike are you looking for? Road bike, MTB, urban, cargo…

I’m looking for one of those electric bikes that almost looks like a cross between a bicycle and a scooter, something that I can use to go really go places with but also use to commute.

Let’s start with pictures… maybe easier to grasp what you’re aiming for

1 Like

Edit: something went missing in my edit. I think I said something about I’m not very familiar with those vehicles, so I can’t really help you.

Also, I think a Gogoro, or similar electric scooter, or a real electric bicycle (type 1 or pedal assisted) are better options than any of those chimera things. Also, you can really go to places and commute with a real e-bike (pedal assisted).

Anyway, you need a license for those vehicles, not for a pedal assist e-bike.

I’ve seen this place in Shilin

Some ideas:

1 Like

You can use goshare if you have an international license but there are some limitations on where you can go

we can develop rental app