Where can I buy haggis in Taipei?

And Scotch Eggs too. And other Scottish treats?

There’s a foreigner who goes by the moniker ‘the sausage guy’ (really) who might be able to do a one-off haggis. I think he’s posted on here somewhere. I’m sure you can find him on Google too, but you’ll probably have to switch on safesearch . .

Scotch eggs, afaik, are not technically Scottish, but britshake in danshui do a nice one.

2 Likes

haggis is illegal

in america.

Haggis probably originated in Lancashire.

Crème Brulee is definitely English.

1 Like

It’s just pudding!

I’ve eaten intestines and cow stomach in Taiwan.

How does Haggis compare ?

Sacrilege .

Haggis is a savoury pudding containing sheep’s pluck (heart, liver, and lungs); minced with onion, oatmeal, suet, spices, and salt, mixed with stock, and cooked while traditionally encased in the animal’s stomach

No comparison!

It’s alright for the first couple of spoonfuls. You’d have to be pretty hungry to eat any more after that. It’s kind of a peppery, slightly spicy taste. Like most food in Scotland it’s a bit shit.

3 Likes

Bloody liberals. Don’t even let us eat Scottish delicacies…

1 Like

A Belgian introduced chips to Scotland. In another reality they could be eating French fries and mussels, but instead they’re reduced to deep fried mars bars and chips. How do you guys sleep at night?

1 Like

It’s the bloody lungs!

They make it themselves in the US without lungs. The Scots already appropriated it from the English, so I think it’s fair enough that Americans do the same.

Ill take the ban. The smell of Haggis… its baaad

No, just immoral.

The 7-11s have Scottish Leader.

illegal in America?Really? Since when?
https://youtu.be/PivMvR2ExwI

pigs blood cake is also on the banned list.

Pig blood cake is related to ‘black pudding’, is that type of sausage allowed?

Re: The sausage guy, if he’s the same one I’ve seen, he runs a small bar behind the building where LiveABC is.

Re: Legality, it’s legal in the US, just not legal to import it from the UK.

http://www.scottishhaggis.com/index.php/frequently-asked-questions/