Where can I find a decent housecleaner/maid In Kaohsiung?

I’m looking for a Indonesian or Filipino maid here in Kaohsiung to clean my small apartment every other week. I had a great maid in Hong Kong who was like a member of my family and I’m having extreme difficulty finding someone who wants to do more then mop my floors. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

What do you have in mind? :thinking:

Taking care of the pipes is a different profession.

If you’re saying what I think you might be saying, you could easily recruit in Indonesia or the Philippines.

I have a long list in English and Chinese. It’s a bi weekly gig. These are the chores I need done every other week. Some are once a month but anyways

This is my request to clean the apartment.

1. They need to wash clothes, everything must be pre-sorted by color, and things like towels and blankets need to be washed separately. Of course, I will pay $ 30 for the use of these machines and provide cleaning agents. They need to wash my clothes every time they clean. If the weather is dry, hang all items on the clothesline rack. I don’t use clothes dryers to dry clothes, so if it rains, we won’t wash clothes that day. They must do this every time they clean.

2. The mattress cover only needs to be cleaned once a month and hung to dry. Clean once a month

3. They need to clean, wipe and wipe all floors including the bathroom and disinfect them with disinfectant. They should move small and light furniture around to remove any scattered dust or trash. This should be done at every cleaning meeting

4. They need to clean the toilet, and then use the cleaning powder provided by me to clean the sink. They will need to use glass cleaners and disinfectants to clean the shower and the shower area on the shampoo and conditioner shelf. They need to wipe the area where the shower drain must be scrubbed and clean the shower drain if necessary. Bathroom floors should also be cleaned and disinfected. After wiping and cleaning with a sponge or rag, toilets, sinks and bathroom floors also need to be disinfected with disinfectants. Use bleach, hydrogen peroxide and Lysol to disinfect the floor to prevent more mold and insects. If necessary, replace toilet paper and baby wipes. They need to do this every time they clean. It is important to provide some good deodorants to keep the bathroom free of mildew and unpleasant odors.

5. Every time you clean, please use glass cleaner to clean the bathroom mirror

6. Empty the bathroom trash can every week, and then put in a new trash can lining. They need to do this every time they clean.

7. If necessary, because the refrigerator is really dirty, please wipe the outside of the refrigerator door and other equipment with a kitchen towel to defrost, and disinfect the internal drawers and shelves. This only needs to happen once. This is not a priority. This is not required, and if they do not want to perform this task, they do not have to do so.

8. They should use my adjustable magic feather dust to remove dust. They should remove dust on every surface including the ceiling, chandelier, wardrobe, doors, windows and lips on windowsills, and because dust likes to collect on the lips of fake white bricks, it also needs to be dusted. I have a feather duster, and every time I need to clean it, I need them to use it.

9. Every time you clean, you need to clean all windows with glass cleaner

10. At the end of May, I want to wash the curtains and wash them because they smell like smoke. This is not an essential task, it is up to the cleaner to decide.

11. They need to remove garbage and recycle it every time they clean it. They also need to ensure that the lining of the trash can is replaced each time the trash is removed.

12. Every time the house cleaner is here cleaning my apartment, the house cleaner should wash the sheets and blankets. Then they need to make up my bed with clean bed linens. They need to do this every time they clean.

14 They will take care of all my clothes and then put my clothes in the closet. I will show them how I like to fold clothes. When they come, I need them to put my clothes away. They need to do this every time they clean

I will provide them with all cleaning supplies, toilet cleaners and disinfectant wipes, soap. Paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags.

They need to maintain inventory to understand which cleaning supplies we have, which consumables have been used up and which consumables I need to buy now, because we do not have these cleaning supplies, we need them to complete specific tasks related to cleaning.

I don’t have a mop, broom, pot or bathroom tile wiper. I don’t have a sponge, vacuum cleaner or mop bucket. These tools will need to be provided by them. I hope my translation will help you. Please ask me any questions.

This is my request to clean the apartment.

1. They need to wash clothes, everything must be pre-sorted by color, and things like towels and blankets need to be washed separately. Of course, I will pay $ 30 for the use of these machines and provide cleaning agents. They need to wash my clothes every time they clean. If the weather is dry, hang all items on the clothesline rack. I don’t use clothes dryers to dry clothes, so if it rains, we won’t wash clothes that day. They must do this every time they clean.

2. The mattress cover only needs to be cleaned once a month and hung to dry. Clean once a month

3. They need to clean, wipe and wipe all floors including the bathroom and disinfect them with disinfectant. They should move small and light furniture around to remove any scattered dust or trash. This should be done at every cleaning meeting

4. They need to clean the toilet, and then use the cleaning powder provided by me to clean the sink. They will need to use glass cleaners and disinfectants to clean the shower and the shower area on the shampoo and conditioner shelf. They need to wipe the area where the shower drain must be scrubbed and clean the shower drain if necessary. Bathroom floors should also be cleaned and disinfected. After wiping and cleaning with a sponge or rag, toilets, sinks and bathroom floors also need to be disinfected with disinfectants. Use bleach, hydrogen peroxide and Lysol to disinfect the floor to prevent more mold and insects. If necessary, replace toilet paper and baby wipes. They need to do this every time they clean. It is important to provide some good deodorants to keep the bathroom free of mildew and unpleasant odors.

5. Every time you clean, please use glass cleaner to clean the bathroom mirror

6. Empty the bathroom trash can every week, and then put in a new trash can lining. They need to do this every time they clean.

7. If necessary, because the refrigerator is really dirty, please wipe the outside of the refrigerator door and other equipment with a kitchen towel to defrost, and disinfect the internal drawers and shelves. This only needs to happen once. This is not a priority. This is not required, and if they do not want to perform this task, they do not have to do so.

8. They should use my adjustable magic feather dust to remove dust. They should remove dust on every surface including the ceiling, chandelier, wardrobe, doors, windows and lips on windowsills, and because dust likes to collect on the lips of fake white bricks, it also needs to be dusted. I have a feather dust, and every time I need to clean it, I need them to use it.

9. Every time you clean, you need to use glass cleaner to clean all windows

10. At the end of May, I want to wash the curtains and wash them because they smell like smoke. This is not an essential task, it is up to the cleaner to decide.

11. They need to remove garbage and recycle it every time they clean it. They also need to ensure that the lining of the trash can is replaced each time the trash is removed.

12. Every time a house cleaner cleans my apartment here, the house cleaner should wash the sheets and blankets. Then they need to make the bed with clean sheets. They need to put the fitted sheet on, replace the pillowcases and put the blanket on the bed. They need to do this every time they clean.

14 They will take care of all my clothes and then put my clothes in the closet. I will show them how I like to fold clothes. When they came, I needed them to put away my clothes. They need to do this every time they clean

I will provide them with all cleaning supplies, toilet cleaners and disinfectant wipes, soap. Paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags.

They need to maintain inventory to understand which cleaning supplies we have, which consumables have been used up and which consumables I need to buy now, because we do not have these cleaning supplies, so we need them to complete specific tasks related to cleaning.

I don’t have a mop, broom, pot or bathroom tile wiper. I don’t have a sponge, vacuum cleaner or mop bucket. These tools will need to be provided by them. I hope my translation will help you. Please ask me any questions.

這是我要求打掃公寓。

1.他們需要洗我的衣服,所有東西都必須按顏色預先分類,並且毛巾和毯子之類的東西需要分別洗滌。當然,我將為使用這些機器支付30美元並提供清潔劑。 他們每次清潔都需要洗我的衣服。 如果天氣乾燥,請將所有物品掛在晾衣繩架上。 我不使用乾衣機來烘乾衣服,所以如果下雨,那一天我們不會洗衣服。 他們每次清潔時都必須這樣做。

2.床墊套僅需每月清潔一次並懸掛晾乾。 每月清潔一次

3.他們需要清潔,用掃帚掃地,擦拭包括浴室在內的所有地板,並用消毒劑消毒。 他們應該在周圍移動輕巧的小型家具,以清除所有散落的灰塵或垃圾。 這應該在每次清潔會議上進行

4.他們需要清潔馬桶,然後使用我提供的清潔粉清潔水槽。 他們將需要使用玻璃清潔劑和消毒劑來清潔淋浴以及洗髮水和護髮素架子上的淋浴區域。 他們需要擦拭必須擦洗淋浴排水管的區域,並在必要時清潔淋浴排水管。 浴室地板也應清潔和消毒。 用海綿或抹布擦拭和清潔後,廁所,水槽和浴室地面也需要用消毒劑消毒。 使用漂白劑,過氧化氫和Lysol對地板進行消毒,以防止更多的黴菌和昆蟲。 如有必要,請更換衛生紙和嬰兒濕巾。 他們每次清潔時都需要這樣做。 重要的是要提供一些良好的除臭劑,以使浴室保持無霉變和難聞的氣味。

5.每次清潔時,請使用玻璃清潔劑清潔浴室鏡子

6.每周清空浴室垃圾桶,然後放入新的垃圾桶襯裡。 他們每次清潔時都需要這樣做。

7.如有必要,因為冰箱真的很髒,請用廚房毛巾消毒濕巾擦拭冰箱門和其他設備的外部。 請也對內部抽屜和架子進行消毒。 這只需要發生一次。 這不是優先事項。 這不是必需的任務,如果他們不想執行此任務,則不必這樣做。 這將是賺取額外收入的一種方式。

8.他們應該使用我的可調魔術羽毛除塵器清除我家裡的灰塵。 他們應該清除包括天花板,枝形吊燈,衣櫃,門,窗戶和窗台上的嘴唇在內的每個表面上的灰塵,並且由於灰塵喜歡聚集在假白磚的嘴唇上,因此也需要除塵。

10.每次清潔時,都需要使用玻璃清潔劑清潔我的所有窗戶。

1. 5月底,我想洗一下窗簾並洗一下,因為它們聞起來像煙。 這不是必不可少的任務,這要由清潔工來決定。

12.每次打掃房間的人打掃我的房間時,他們都需要取出回收物和垃圾。 他們還需要確保每次清除垃圾時都要更換垃圾桶的襯裡。 並準備了一個新的回收袋供我使用。

13.每次房屋清潔劑打掃我的公寓時,房屋清潔劑應洗床單和毯子。 然後,他們需要用乾淨的床單鋪床。他們需要戴上床單,放下枕套,然後將毯子放在床上像旅館一樣折疊好。 他們每次清潔時都需要這樣做。

14.清洗並晾乾衣服後,室內清潔器將從晾衣繩上取下所有剛清洗和乾燥的衣服,然後將它們折疊起來。接下來,保洁員將把折疊好的衣服放到壁櫥裡。 我將向他們展示我喜歡如何折疊衣服。 但這對於這項工作不是必需的,只要房屋清潔器確保我的衣服乾淨並且可以很好地存放在壁櫥中即可。 一些衣服將被掛在衣架上,而房屋清潔員將負責掛一些正裝襯衫和夾克。 每當他們打掃我的公寓時,都需要這樣做。

我將為他們提供所有清潔用品,馬桶清潔劑和消毒濕巾,肥皂。 紙巾,衛生紙,垃圾袋。

他們需要維護庫存,以了解我們擁有哪些清潔用品,哪些消耗品已用完以及我現在需要購買哪些消耗品,因為我們沒有這些清潔用品,因此我們需要它們完成與清潔相關的特定任務。

我沒有拖把,掃帚或浴室瓷磚刮水器。 我沒有吸塵器或拖把桶。 這些工具將需要由它們提供。 可以理解的,請問我任何問題。 那麼,您認為他們會接受我的條款和條件嗎? 每月兩次清潔的價格是多少! 他們只會每星期過來清洗一次,我將為他們提供清潔用品。 再次感謝您成為有史以來最好的女房東! 我的翻譯有意義嗎?

1 Like

With does instructions I hope you pay very well.

4 Likes

Best of luck, I would suggest you try to make the list shorter, for example stuff like “put my clothes in the closet”, it should be possible to remove this from the list, the maid can put the clothes in one place and it shouldn’t be a big deal for you to put the clothes in the closet.

Same with the fridge, this kind of thing don’t need to be done too often so I would remove it and explain it verbally to the maid if it needs to be done.
etc.

That’s about it… You don’t have a mop or a broom or sounds like much of anything, they need to keep inventory of cleaning supplies, etc.

I’m not a maid but as a human it seems quite clear that you have very high - and more importantly/annoyingly very specific & high maintenance - expectations, so it’s no surprise that a human would look at that list and go “ugh, this fucking guy” and then think “only twice a month? not going to bother trying to do all this to please him with the very high risk he’ll nitpick and micromanage every single thing, for only NT$X”.

Maybe if you made it more worth their while like specifying it’s a long term contract, making it or some of it weekly, taking the condescending tone (including repetition & obvious prerequisites like @junoreactor mentioned, albeit far from exhaustively) out of your job description - maybe then somebody may want to deal with you.

1 Like

That’s the nature of paying someone for a job. Capitalism baby, I don’t want to do x thing so I’ll pay you money to do x thing. Now we are both happy because my task is done and you have money.

But anyways I’m sure you have or had had a job at some point. So you’ll understand if someone is paying you to do something then that person (your boss) is entitled to ask you to do certain tasks within reason. One you accept the job you are responsible for those doing tasks.

If you work at a daycare you might end up cleaning up children’s literal shit because that’s the nature of the job.

If you work as a maid you might find yourself dealing with hyper vigilant customers demanding their house be cleaned in a certain way. Again that’s the nature of the job.

So you better believe if I’m going to pay someone an better then average wage for a maid in Kaohsiung if I can find one. Call it nitpicking but I call it the tasks required to do a job. :stuck_out_tongue: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks The fridge thing is a good suggestion. Know any maid agencies or people who want a job? It’ll pay pretty well.

The problem is that you’re apparently not able to find someone who is willing to do these tasks for what you’re offering. To date, it sounds like what you’re offering gets your floors mopped. So offer more money until you find someone who’s willing to play ball. Capitalism baby. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yes you can find someone that needs to eat to do it, but not so sure they will be happy. You will be happy because you can work less then 10 minutes to pay somebody else to work 1 hour taking care of your shit. Or actually I have a feeling you will find something to complain about.

Just FYI, it’s 2020, the younger generations are starting to realize that all capitalism has got us is a doomed planet and unequal societies with a few pathologically greedy oligarchs running each country into the ground for the self-serving benefit of themselves and their insufferable offspring. You might want to lighten up on that cringey “capitalism baby” mentality if you want to keep your head off a spike in the coming years (figuratively speaking, of course).

What’s especially cringey about it is that you don’t seem to realize the oligarchs themselves will escape to their bunkers in New Zealand and leave people like you answering for their sins. Hope you have your answers ready when all the Filipino maids you’ve hired over the years come for their revenge on your bizarre, anal-retentive list of tasks.

1 Like

Just because you are paying someone to do a job, don’t need to treat them as subordinates.
Be generous, don’t be an bossy, then it shouldn’t be a problem to find a reliable worker to help out in the household.

My point, in a nutshell - and oversimplified so hopefully it goes in this time - is that you sound like you don’t have much experience hiring people, or even really treating people decently (except during brown nosing situations), and so you’re not finding what you want partially because somebody reads your list and thinks “this guy is an asshole who will micromanage me” and can’t get over that because you’re probably not actually paying much, even if “pretty well” seems like a lot to you.

It’s not about “capitalism baby” - that makes you sound like you’re about 18 years old, because it’s a given - it’s about “how to abide, dude” within it.

1 Like

Might sink in better if it was written in German :wink:

Agreed.

1 Like

Right over the top. 3 point shot!

Nice man!

Have you found anyone yet? I have seen an increase in polish housewives here looking for work.

Seriously though, lots of vietnamese looking for extra cash and wont be as picky about picky bosses like Taiwanese and Caucasians

OP is probably going the spouse route.

I can’t imagine the length of the list his spouse gets.

1 Like