Where can I find a good Western breakfast in Taichung?

Original Title: Where can I find a good Western breakfast, NOT McDonald’s?

I’m in Taichung, and I’m just getting a bit tired of the Dan Bing, Dan Bao, etc… I crave some eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, that sort of thing. For those of you who have similar yearnings, I found a good resource
on englishintaiwan.com
:

I found the Early Bird Diner. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I’m fairly certain Finga’s do western breakfasts.

Lag, lag lag.

Those fast moving links under the log-in screen must be slowing the entire forum down.

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]I’m fairly certain Finga’s do western breakfasts.[/quote]That’s right. The breakfasts there are quite nice, and they provide a little dish of Vegemite for the toast.

I do like Early Bird’s. Only been there once so far, but intend to go again. Lots of nice options for the omelettes, and in general.

I think the Londoner sitll do a weekend brunch though it starts at around 12 so not really breakfast. Both Finga’s and the Londoner have baked beans.

And Uncle Jimmy’s do a brunch on Saturday mornings. Haven’t tried it yet though.

Thanks for the advice. I’ve been meaning to try Finga’s for breakfast, and I’ve heard of the others. Just curious, I usually go to englishintaiwan.com or tealit or eslisland to look for information. Does anyone know of other good sites to use?

Thanks again!

[quote=“jlbea”]Thanks for the advice. I’ve been meaning to try Finga’s for breakfast, and I’ve heard of the others. Just curious, I usually go to englishintaiwan.com or tealit or eslisland to look for information. Does anyone know of other good sites to use?

Thanks again![/quote]Pick up a copy of the Compass magazine, which has listings for all the places I mentioned. It’s free, and it’s available at most of the main westerner hangouts and quite a few other places besides.

FM Bar has a big brunch of fries, egg, onion & bacon w/ coffee for $200, near the Science & Technology Museum. Boaguan Rd(??)