Where can I find a tank?

I remember sometime around 2015 visiting a scenic seaside area around Taichung and seeing like 10 old cold war tanks all parked up on monuments.

Also remember visiting kinmen and seeing tanks everywhere, some just left on the beach.

Does anywhere else in Taiwan have any random tanks or cool stuff like this?

The aquarium has quite a few tanks.

4 Likes

Are you German?

1 Like

Minquan Rd, Jiji Township, Nantou County, 552 Look this place up on google maps it has tanks and aeroplanes on display. Visited it a couple of years ago.

2 Likes

Near my shop there’s a military cemetery on a hill nearby, there are some tanks on display there. You’re not going to see anything like M1A2’s, you are only going to see old ass WWII tanks or cold war stuff.

There’s only one tank in Kinmen left on the beach. Available for viewing at low tide only (and sinking further and further into the sand). The beach is called 歐厝 Oucuo, but you could start at the beach called Houhu 後湖 and walk for about 10 minutes in the direction away from the airport to get there.

Edit: I just realized you mean there are lots of tanks generally in Kinmen, not littering the beaches of Kinmen. Yes, Kinmen’s government believes that tourism in Kinmen = BATTLE STUFF, so plenty of tanks all over.

2 Likes

Couple places off the top of my head. There’s probably dozens more around Taiwan, feel like I’ve ran into places like these many times.

Zhentou Village Military History Park

Dropped pin

Longgang Playground
03 450 6321

Wuri Tank Park

2 Likes

Not far from my house in Taoyuan is this bike trail with some military stuff, including tanks (Google Maps)

Not tanks, but there’s a kind of airplane/bus graveyard in Taoyuan here (use satellite view to see):

1 Like

Nantou county

Those two are in or near larger kids playgrounds

Then there is a small military park “Junshi Park” in Jiji with tanks, planes and other stuff

2 Likes

I love the way you can come across the vintage military equipment in the hinterland.

Outside Kaohsiung marine base in zuoying they have an interesting display of vintage army vehicles, not tanks but other cool stuff like trucks, howitzers, boats, ambulances.

Jet fighter at the foot of Grand Hotel. Ten million dollars if you can tell me the type of air craft.

Great recommend , know it well.

F-86!

I never noticed that before, some artillery pieces too.

1 Like

I believe they added the jet about 4 years ago. Wasn’t there before.