Where can I find affordable rental?

Where 。whats your problems with numbers and details exactly ?

Theres millions of cheap apartments in taiwan, this guy isnt looking for anything special.
None of my landlords ever raised my rent is my experience.
Even if they do its not 10 or 20 per cent a year.

Thats not a new law is it?,You could always give advance notice.

All over New Taipei and Taipei.
Example:
Friend had a small apartment in Jingmei. First year, $16,000/mo.
The next year the landlord wanted $18,000/mo.

Another in Hsintien. Big apartment, $35,000/mo. Second year wanted 40K.

I don’t know anyone that’s rented a long time that hasn’t had this happen.
Long leases prevent this and you can break the lease without penalty if you give advanced notice under current laws. Win/Win

Thanks, its not every year anyway.
Its good advice if the law has changed like you said to go for the long lease although may be hard to get . :fist:

Xindian rents went up last few years its true, but they are maxxed out now…probably 。

My landlord hasnt increased the rent in six years but he also wont get a new aircon.

We’ve never had our rent increased, but the landlady at our current place and our previous place asked for one every year. My wife talked her out of it.

In our last place the landlady eventually said she was selling the place and asked us to leave. I later found out she hadn’t sold, but had rented it out to another family at a higher rate.

I have the feeling the same is going to happen in our current place as we are paying 20k a month and I know the market rate is between 25-30. If we are asked to leave then we’ll have to go down from 3 to 2 bedrooms if we want to stay at 20.

1 Like

Same with our landlord, eventually he said no increase but hes not fixing the aircon. Some landlords priority are easy and reliable tenants.

Indeed. We are never late on the rent and we don’t damage the place. I think the landlady in our current place must be close to paying off her mortgage (assuming she has one), so it’s probably easy money for her at zero risk.

1 Like

same, and the rent remained the same when the room was bought by a new owner. my coworkers often introduce their places with the same rent to new tenants when they move.

Yes

The landlord has less power to evict you, especially since he can’t really take you to court. And the police doesn’t really care until someone makes a complaint.

I’ve started using 591 looking for rental and every landlord told me if I break the lease, one month rent will be deducted from my deposit. Some landlords are willing to shorted the annual lease to 6 months but most won’t (maybe unless they really want you or during business low season).

1 Like

Container houses in any mountains next to grave yards

1 Like

Are you looking for affordable or short-term? The two don’t usually go together…

Very few landlords offer short term leases.in Taiwan,just the way it is.

If you want to live short term consider hostels. Most will discount per day rate if you are living for a month.

Well, if you ask a landlord whether or not you can break a lease, then they might not want to rent to you. In my experience they’d rather just rent to someone for a longer time than have to deal with the hassle of finding a tenant again in however many months. To be honest, looking for somewhere cheap, near the MRT, with your own bathroom, with a kitchen, in Taipei… you might need to give at least one of those up.

Best option IMO is probably to go on facebook and the like - there are always people looking for short(er) term roommates/housemates/etc., as well as landlords/agents posting on there.

That is illegal under the new laws if you provide proper notice.

Just because it’s illegal doesn’t mean you’re safe from it happening.

1 Like

What is your budget?

This might work.

Yes, you are because you just don’t pay the last two months and the landord keeps the deposit.

Find a Facebook group and sublet from someone else.