Where can I find... bed sheets

If you go back and look in western shops, the “short queen” size is about the same size (~152.4x190.5) so you know what to look for.

1 Like

Suspenders?

1 Like

Looking for bedding. The missus wasn’t impressed with Costco’s selection. And there is no way in heaven or on earth I’ll be buying it online without actually checking the quality first.

So that leaves:
IKEA - comments suggest not so good
Mitzukoshi <$$>
Carrefour <?> Nitori <?>

Where are all these mystery “high end linen stores” that Icon talks about?

Thanks!

1 Like

I went into a couple bed sheet places and walked back out after I saw the prices. If you want high-end tho, they’re there. Go to Xinyi mall - there’s at least one there

You can search on google maps 寢具( Bedding)

Some ideas:
https://www.trplus.com.tw/HOLA_Bedding/c/EC_30000001

2 Likes

Sogos may have some deals with their big sale going on now. Obviously, what counts as a deal there is budget dependent. Some of their styles are quite nice but the quality is just fine.

Hola Casa may have stuff that is better than Ikea. Although sleeping on a gravel road with just a yoga mat might be better than some of the Ikea stuff.

Muji and Uniqlo have gotten into bedding, but I never checked the quality.

I’ve also heard about Hoya Casa but never been.

1 Like

I can’t believe I’ve just stumbled onto this thread.

This is most definitely another of my gripes with living in Taiwan.

Don’t they know that beds have certain dimensions? That’s why they’re single, king single, double, queen, and king. And the reason why is so those companies that make sheets can just zip them through those automated sewing machines all in the knowledge that their product will fit neatly and firmly.

Sheets never fit. The sheets you buy here don’t fit beds back home or the beds here. The sheets you buy back home don’t fit the beds here but do fit the beds back home.

Never use the word duvet or quilt. They’ve got no idea what they mean.

And what you’d probably get on sale for $50 back home ($1500nt) is probably going to set you back $10,000nt or more here.

And why are the sheets here always so scratchy?

End rant.

1 Like

Think I once bought sheets from RT Mart

1 Like

Both Costco and Ikea bed sheets have funny sizes. Not recommended.

I get mine from market vendors or local mom and pop stores. I prefer made in Taiwan, for made in Taiwan beds.

not just scratchy, plain ugly… everything is so over the top, with floral design A La Louis XIV…

2 Likes

Get thee to MUJI for simpler cleaner designs that also happily fit Taiwan beds.

Guy

I have gotten 2 sets from Costco. Similar but different packaging and countries of origin (India and Pakistan, so not very)

Both have fitted sheets that fit the bed fine, both have duvet covers that almost cover the top of the mattress fine (but the covers are a bit small and the duvet is squished in there).

Otherwise the quality is good. Since I’m usually sleeping alone almost king size is more than enough

The older set i brought with me from Canada, which has not held up well, has a cover too large for my king duvet. Can’t win

1 Like

My current quilt cover I purchased all the way back in 1996. There were some pillow cases that came with it but who knows what happened to them. It’s outlived countless quilt covers that I’ve bought over the years in Taiwan.

1 Like

I bring them from home. I use top sheet and I’ve never seen them in Taiwan.

2 Likes

For Taiwan-sized mattresses, RT - Neihu is the answer. A good selection of Telcel/100% Cotten/Poly variations, clearly marked as 6/6.2 for queen (@NT$699), 6/6.7 for king, etc. Prices are 1/2 the Ikea price with better specs (i.e., 100% cotton). The new RT Neihu superstore is awesome!

And they fit perfectly! The Ikea sheets are 200 - 12 cm too long

I give up trying to fit bedsheet to beds here, sizes here are completely wacked out.

I hope they make bedsheet with eyelets so I can simply bind it with strings.