Where can I find... bed sheets

Apart from IKEA and Nitori, are there any good places to buy bed sheets. I have a weird sized mattress for some reason — 152 cm x 188 cm (5.0 x 6.2 in whatever unit Taiwanese use to measure bedsheets :thinking:), so even better if someone know where to find that size.

Oh, so according to Wikipedia, it’s a standard Taiwanese double, but IKEA and Nitori don’t seem to carry bedsheets that fit it.

If you’re OK with a cotton blend:
https://www.ikea.com.tw/zh/products/bedlinen?&size[]=150x190%20公分%20(5x6.2台尺)
You’ll probably want to go to a store to check the feel, some of those IKEA linens are uncomfortably thin.

We have the same mattress size - you might check Carrefour too. Good luck finding a flat sheet though…

1 Like

Nice thanks! Is it only the Carrefour south of Ximending that has a homewares section?

I’ve bought them at both HOLA and Costco.

If you dig through IKEA’s website, you should be able to find a few that are Taiwan-size, rather than normal-IKEA-size: this may be the search criteria.

1 Like

I’m not sure about the size but have a look at Muji, they have some good quality ones.

1 Like

That Carrefour has indeed a section with bed clothing.

Shopee and Taobao

Hold your horses, that’s a fengshui size, only in Taiwan. Anyway, it’s not a problem buying regular western sizes as they will fit.
Night markets, popup stores.

Ha. You will find tons of Hello Kitty/Mickey style sheets, but plain ones at a decent price - good luck.

1 Like

I considered splurging on some linen bedding off of Etsy a few months back. I think it was like NT5,000 for a “double” (my bed’s about the same dimensions you said) fitted + flat sheet set. But linen bedding is pricy generally. I ended up buying from Ikea. I often consider buying the linen bedding anyway now. Or silk. Ikea’s bedding is expensive and not comfortable at all.

Careful of the haters of fine quality imported goods in the customs department. You’d want to check what rate applies.

1 Like

Good point. Could probably tack an extra NT800 to the total cost. I’ll probably have to wait til after COVID and I can go to the States…where even TJMax has better quality sheets for the price than anything I’ve seen in TW

I second the earlier suggestion to have a look at Muji. Not cheap, but good quality cotton.

Guy

For that price, I’d go to Mitsukoshi. There are also plenty of high end linen stores that carry silk sheets. Even in king and queen sizes.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I might actually go check them out

There is ikea size, which I think is what they use in sweden, then there is rest of taiwan size. Keep that in mind.

Depends on the thread count, more threads per inch woven, more comfortable, higher price. Ikea has them.

There is Taiwan size, then there is the rest of the world size.

1 Like

I just end up buying oversized bedsheet then lash it to the back of the mattress to ensure a tight fit. I hate loose bedsheet.

1 Like