Where can I find canned/evaporated(not condensed) milk in Taipei?

I am looking for evaporated milk since I came to Taiwan, 7 months ago but can’t find anywhere… Do you guys know any place to get it? Thank you!

I see it all the time at Wellcome. It’s in the coffee section. Look for the tin with the blue bird on it.

Better buy the brand at Filipino stores or go to the baking stores -see appropriate thread- as the usual one tastes like sandpaper to me. Otherwise, teh usual suspects -City Super, jason’s- carry the imported brands.

Theres nothing like CARNATION evaporated milk. Coffee just isnt the same to me without that.

Oh… there is really nothing like Carnation evaporated milk or similar?? This is exactly what I am looking too for coffee… I have searched at City Super, Jason’s etc, but seems like they don’t have anything like that? Am I missing it? And when I am asking the personnel, they don’t really know what I am talking about… I will check the one at Welcome though… haven’t seen it either. Thank you guys! Please update me if you see anything around… This is URGENT :slight_smile:

Have you tried Binggo at Zhongshan north road? It’s in front of Datong University. If it’s not Carnation, it might be Bear Brand. I’m not so sure…

I’ve bought Carnation evaporated milk at G&G/Willy’s, whatever it’s called, in Tianmu. I’ve also bought evaporated milk at some of the baking specialty stores, and I believe at the little Indonesian shop under Taipei Main Station, in one of the passageways if you’re going from the red line to the Q-Mall.

Like you, I’ve not seen it in Jason’s or City Super. Sweetened condensed milk is very easy to find here - evaporated milk, not so much.

EDIT: I believe Wellcome’s can with the blue bird, mentioned above, is sweetened condensed milk - not the same thing as evaporated milk.

This is the brand I buy in Kaohsiung. It is a German brand relabeled by a Taipei company. Their telephone no. is (02)2874-3363. The brand name is called: 白美娜. It is available in at least two of the DIY baking stores that I frequent in Kaohsiung. I am sure it should be available in Taipei. You could always phone them and ask which stores stock it. If you want to ask for it in Chinese, ask for 濃縮鮮奶 nong2 suo1 xian1 nai3

Just about every market that sells food. Try Wellcome, A-Mart, rt-mART AND JUST JUST ABOUT EVERY STORE SELLING ANYTHING EXCEPT 7-11 STUFF. hELL, YOU MIGHT EVEN FIND IT THERE. iT’S EVERYWHERE!

No.

Sweetened condensed milk: everywhere.

Evaporated milk (which is not sweetened and nowhere near as thick): harder to find.

Wow! This is awesome! Thanks so much everyone! I ll go evaporated milk-hunting this weekend! bigsyd, will call them for sure! Thanks again guys! :slight_smile:

Hi all! I just wanted to thank you guys for your great help. I got it!!! Finally!! haha Coffee is the same again now after loooong time!! :slight_smile:

Just for future reference in case anybody else is looking for it, bigsyd’s comment above is all you need!

[quote]This is the brand I buy in Kaohsiung. It is a German brand relabeled by a Taipei company. Their telephone no. is (02)2874-3363. The brand name is called: 白美娜. It is available in at least two of the DIY baking stores that I frequent in Kaohsiung. I am sure it should be available in Taipei. You could always phone them and ask which stores stock it. If you want to ask for it in Chinese, ask for 濃縮鮮奶 nong2 suo1 xian1 nai3[/quote]

I called and they told me all stores in Taipei that have it!

Thanks a lot again!!

My pleasure! I am glad to have been of help.

bgsyd

what u still cant find carnation?? I love my coffee (prefer nescafe instant) with carnation milk !!

So the german milk tastes the same?

what happened to all the american made carnation evaporated milk?