Where can I find Cream of Rice?

Oh well.

Guess I won’t find this item. Back to finding some good carb alternative that won’t require my tired and lazy ass to do some cooking.

Aiyo. There’s a difference between judging, and stating something you can read in a physiology textbook.

Why are we not allowed to judge anything these days? Oh, it’s all good! Everything is exactly the same as everything else!

Yes. One day I will stop bodybuilding. But that’s beside the point, the cream of rice is pretty much rice, and you can customize it according to how much you need to eat. Does not mean that when I stop bodybuilding, I have to stop eating carbs. Again, my lifestyle matches whatever I am eating. My routine is pretty much, prepare my meals according to my certain macro, go on with my life, then eat whatever I want on a few occasions. So I don’t think, stopping bodybuilding will automatically make me carb intolerant; in fact, I did stop working out for a week and took a vacation - eat so much carbs, and guess what I LOST fat.

I don’t think this thread is asking for that kind of judgement.

All I need is information on the item I am looking for. If this is a discussion about health and fitness, then I welcome your judgement and criticism on my lifestyle and diet. But it is not. It is a discussion about how to obtain cream of rice.

Are you sure you have normal insulin function? Under normal circumstances, that would be a strong indication of diabetes.

Coffee grinder. I checked - someone on the internet has tried it and it works.

Bit slow, I suppose.

Uh yes.

Again, read my post. I do check my glucose. I do have blood test. Do I need to post my medical records to justify my wanting to eat cream of rice?

I don’t have that time to eat huo guo every single meal. FYI, I eat 5 times a day. Are we going to open that discussion to and get judge because I eat 5 meals a day?

Just showing a little human concern. I’ll shut up now.

Quite the opposite, my dear Finners, why can’t a guy get a lousy bowl of fucking porridge without you pronouncing him, sight unseen, as bein at death’s friggin door???

1 Like

Would it help any if I told you how many people I’ve seen at death’s friggin door (and stepping over the threshold) because they eat way too much rice? Anyway, I’ll not clutter up the gentleman’s thread any more with my judgements.

I don’t know. You probably already know this: I’ve seen it offered by Taobao (about which I know nothing, or maybe I even know some things that aren’t true), but (1) I think you’d have to get it shipped to you, and I don’t know where from, (2) I’m not sure how easy or difficult that would be for a foreigner, and (3) unless I’m misreading somehow, it’s breathtakingly expensive (at least when ordered from one of the sites shown immediately below):

https://iguang.tw/taobao/product/558400393960.html

You know what huo guo is, so I’m guessing you already know about rice porridge and its variants, and that you don’t consider any of them to be an acceptable substitute for Cream of Rice, but just in case :slight_smile: :

In all my years here I’ve never seen Cream of Wheat or any related item in any store.

1 Like

The problem with congee is customizability. Mind you, I count every single macros and calories, meaning, when I cook rice, I have to weigh the dry and then cook, then re-weigh to get exactly how much volume I need to eat to get X amount of calories (grams in carbs and protein). Cooking congee will make this more complicated. For one meal, it is okay, it will take just long, and my rice cooker technically won’t really accept such a small amount. Generally speaking, 1 cup of dry rice is equivalent to 3 cups of cooked rice, which is actually roughly 135 g carbs. Now, if I cook for one meal, and my macro breakdown is 40g carb, I need to cook less than 1/4 of a cup of dry rice. If I do cook a bigger meal, it makes more complicated, since, the water weight is annoying. They make weighing more tedious. Also, congee tends to go bad faster than dry rice.

Grinding with coffee grinder won’t work either. I think the rice from cream of rice is very fine. Unless, I’m wrong with coffee grinder (never owned or used one).

The price is not bad. It is equivalent to roughly 5 USD per box. 12 boxes will last quite a long time, especially I only tend to use this when I am lazy or tired and still need to fill in my carbs without the need of cooking.

Anyway, thanks everyone for pitching in.

1 Like

This looks fairly simple to do. https://wholenewmom.com/recipes/cream-of-rice-rice-porridge/

2 Likes

Jesus, dude asks a simple question in the WHERE CAN I FIND forum. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t expecting the Spanish Inquisition…

5 Likes

Dunno if this is any help but there is an instant congee at the supermarket called Korn Dorf. I partially subsist off it - although am starting to question that after reading @finley’s posts! That without the flavouring sachet might sustain you until you can get Cream of Rice delivered…

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll have a look around. It is not as tho, it is a life and death situation, so I’m okay. In any case, based on finley’s thinking, I have a serious carb addiction and probably diabetic too. So perhaps, I should STOP eating any form of carbs since I will regret this when I reach 50.

aiyo. I said I wouldn’t mention it again, but just to clarify: I know a lil bit about bodybuilding, and all you’re doing is stressing your body for no purpose. I’m not saying don’t eat any carbs, but at best, you’re packing on a mountain of fat that you’ll have to discard in cycles, which is a waste of money.

Frank Zane won Mr Olympia three times on a very modest amount of carbs, using what would now be called keto for cutting (at at time when most were doing low-fat low-calorie). I stand by my assertion that anybody who actually enjoys eating 400g+ of rice and water every day, and refuses to consider the local (slightly healthier) alternatives, is in big trouble. I’ve watched that particular slow-motion car crash happen a dozen times already. You might be lucky, or you might not. Personally I wouldn’t want to take the chance.

FYI. I have an IFBB pro coach. I compete and know much of bodybuilding. It is stress-induced, of course, it is. With no purpose? I mean why you do exercise? Exercise is a stress-induce. Why do you even EAT? EATING alone is a stress on body. Why do you even move? It is also an additional stress and exertion of energy from your body. You assume I am packing so much fat and discard in cycles. FYI, I am not. I look even ripped compared to another ordinary guy in the street of Taiwan. I want to increase in size. That alone is a purpose for me.

Not everybody is Frank Zane. Frank Zane is not even asian to begin with. Frank Zane’s physiology is NOT mine. Frank Zane’s daily life routine is not mine. Frank Zane’s modest amount of carbs, I can assure you 100% is not his carb intake since birth. Frank Zane’s genetics is not even my genetics. Oh by the way, have you even considered MY body response to ketosis? MY body response to high fat and protein diet? Oh and for your information, again, I am doing carb cycling. But who cares, you try to make it sound like a box of grounded rice is gonna break me when I am in my 50s. Heck, I don’t even take 400g of carbs every week since I start BB. Oh, did I even tell you I have 0g carbs on some days just uhm… 2 months ago? Have you even heard of recomp, bulking, cutting? There is a reason a cookie-cutter lost or gain weight program don’t work. Because Frank Zane’s meal plan will not work on mine. Neither on you. Neither on any of the people in the planet because they are not Frank Zane. My meal plan is customized accordingly to my body responses, and will only work because of my lifestyle and my training.

In any case, enjoy your durian ice cream, I mean, it taste better and healthier than my box of rice, right?

Isn’t that the point?