where can I find "lithium grease"?

I bought an old keyboard for a friend but it’s got some sticky keys, probably due to old grease. I’ve read that what I need to use is “lithium grease”… where can I get that? how is it called in Chinese? (don’t know if google translator would give me an accurate answer on that).

Is that what he called it? :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Awesome. Not sure if I can use that one for the easier of the solutions I read (because it’s too thick), but for that price, if I don’t use it for one thing I can use it for another… ehem.

UPDATE: somebody just confirmed me that that one might be way too thick.

UPDATE 2: my musical instruments savvy friend keeps recommending vaseline, but he’s a pervert so I don’t know if there’s a less dense version of what @tempogain posted.

Here’s another. Key word seems to be 鋰基

http://24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DEAD3Y-A43885392

Thin enough? Hah? Hah?

Looks good to me. Let’s see what feedback I get…

OK, got the answer from him: it might have something that wears out the rubbers of the mechanism.

That does sound pretty perverted.

Only if you are into those things… like too much into those things.

Clean it. Don’t use any lubricant and see if it works.

Failing that, I’d use a silicon grease, but you can’t get that in Taiwan, and your not getting any of mine, which I bought in Japan.

Failing that, I’d use another type of brake grease, like Ceratec ceramic or red-rubber grease, but you can’t get those in Taiwan, and your not getting any of mine, which I bought in Australia and Japan respectively.

Brake greases are rubber compatible. Petroleum based greases, including vaseline and the lithium grease “solution” (HA!) are not.

Buy a packet of lubricated condoms. Stick something inside one and rub the relevent bit of the keyboard with the outside until satisfied.

Actually that might be an improvised solution for brakes too, but they do get quite a lot hotter, in my personal experience. YMMV

If you insist on lithium grease, you won’t find any recognisable brands in Taiwan, but CPC filling stations sell it in tubs, which are more convenient than the “solution” (HA!) which is packaged for a cartridge grease gun, and is absolutely guaranteed to leak grease all over everything you have ever or will ever encounter.

It’s weird that I posted this… I’d swear that the lube I bought years ago for my bike is lithium based… Weird.

I ended up using vaseline. And I reckon everybody says it doesn’t damage rubber…

So bad that the lady I bought the keyboard to doesn’t really use it :frowning:

I know this isn’t relevant but I am sitting in the breakdown at work and I am right now covered in lithium grease. We use them to lubricate large press spindles. Hope this helps :grin:

Hope you feel better soon.