Where can I find the best BBQ restaurant in Hsinchu?

I have always wanted to try a nice descent BBQ here in taiwan, i want a really nice steak… but where can i find a restaurant like that? i know fridays, but hey u pay around 1000Nts for a small portion… and Outback is the same…

There are a couple of descent steak houses in Hsinchu and Jubei, but, for good steak you pay good money. it seems that these places will make Outback and Friday’s look like a McD’s! The meat is weighed when you choose it, and for a descent steak you can expect to fork out anything from 2000 - 5000. Madness!!!

For cheaper steaks, try these places that offer buffet on salads and extras, like ‘my home steak’ or ‘noble steak house’. The price is much better, but it you are a real aficionado, you will chew reluctantly on the water boiled steak…

i recently heard a Canadian opened a ‘real’ steak house somewhere in Dongda rd, which is all the rave with descent pricing. I am planning to go there, but i have not been there yet… I can get the address if yu are interested…

THE PLACE BEING TALKED ABOUT IS …

THE BBQ HOUSE RESTAURANT
ADDRESS: 215 - 3 DONGDA RD, HSINCHU
PHONE: 03 542 9894

**THEY ARE ONLY OPEN EVENINGS

SERVING CERTIFIED U.S. ANGUS BEEF

RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED AS THEY WILL SOMETIMES BE VERY BUSY AND IF MEMORY SERVES CORRECT - THEY ONLY HAVE ABOUT 8 TABLES (IF THAT)

I HAD QUITE A DECENT SIZED NEW YORK STEAK, IT WAS 2NT PER GRAM. YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM MANY DIFFERENT CUTS OF ANGUS BEEF. THEY KEEP ALL THE CUTS OF BEEF IN A GLASS COOLER, YOU CHOOSE WHICH YOU WANT, THEY TAKE IT OUT AND CUT IT HOW THICK YOU WOULD LIKE, THEN WEIGH IT.

THE STEAKS COME WITH VEGETABLE (BUT NO CHOICE WHAT IT IS), SOME MUSHROOMS, AND YOUR CHOICE OF CHIPS/FRIES OR MASHED POTATOES. I HAD THE FRIES AND THEY WERE FABULOUS! ALSO I HAD A CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD - I PAID JUST OVER 500nt.

VERY, VERY SATISFIED.

[quote=“lumka1”]

For cheaper steaks, try these places that offer buffet on salads and extras, like ‘my home steak’ or ‘noble steak house’. The price is much better, but it you are a real aficionado, you will chew reluctantly on the water boiled steak[/quote]
Yeah, those places are really cheap, but grim. If you like your steak swimming in a pepper and sugar gravy give them a try.

The restaurant “The BBQ house” you are talking about is mine :wink:

Thanks for the good reviews, we do our best to serve the best quality of food possible.

Just on thing I have never cut a steak that cost 2000$. That would be a 1 kilogram piece of meat and I have never met someone who could eat that. The average prices in my restaurant are 400$ to 800$ depending on your appetite. Since there is not set dishes, you just order what you think you can eat.

See ya soon.

[quote=“iix23”]
Just on thing I have never cut a steak that cost 2000$. That would be a 1 kilogram piece of meat and I have never met someone who could eat that.
See ya soon.[/quote]

Yes, you have. You just haven’t fed him yet.

See you soon.

Ha ha ha.

Well, you know the address now. I have a cold one waiting for you in the fridge :wink:

Damn that NY stake at the BBQ house was great!!! i have never eaten a pice of stake like that here in Taiwan… except in my friend’s house, who happens to own the BBQ house restaurant !!! (actually it was better in his house because i had free whiskey :whistle: ) LOL the stake is great, the fries are awesome and so on… just try it…

[quote=“MJB”][quote=“iix23”]
Just on thing I have never cut a steak that cost 2000$. That would be a 1 kilogram piece of meat and I have never met someone who could eat that.
See ya soon.[/quote]

Yes, you have. You just haven’t fed him yet.

See you soon.[/quote]

Ok, so I settled for a 366gram hunk of Fillet Mignon that was cooked to perfection (In other words, as rare as possible). That was well and truly one of the finest steaks I have ever eaten…Anywhere. The sides are generous, and the atmosphere cozy. Both partners in this venture have paid their dues in past kitchens, the entire operation was very smooth despite being very busy.

I wholly recommend this place… :notworthy:

It was nice to see you and your family again. I am happy that you had a good time. Next time try the rib eyes. :wink:

I’ll be trying the BBQ house soon …

We used to be regulars at the Metropolis restaurant in the Metropolis I hotel and enjoyed their steak. It was at the time the only place in Hsinchu that actually had a variety of quality lettuce which for us was a nice change. Meals are under 1000. Service fine. It’s on Min Sheng Rd amongst the happy ending massage parlours and gambling halls.

[quote=“lumka1”]There are a couple of descent steak houses in Hsinchu (Xinzhu) and Zhubei, but, for good steak you pay good money. it seems that these places will make Outback and Friday’s look like a McD’s! The meat is weighed when you choose it, and for a descent steak you can expect to fork out anything from 2000 - 5000. Madness!!!

For cheaper steaks, try these places that offer buffet on salads and extras, like ‘my home steak’ or ‘noble steak house’. The price is much better, but it you are a real aficionado, you will chew reluctantly on the water boiled steak…

i recently heard a Canadian opened a ‘real’ steak house somewhere in Dongda Rd, which is all the rave with descent pricing. I am planning to go there, but I have not been there yet… I can get the address if yu are interested…[/quote]

Oh my god, I went here with my gf before (nobles). IT was hilarious. How clueless can you be? It was like exactly like that. Like this crappy horse meat served with a nasty soup gravy thing poured over it. But what made me laugh is when my gf got up and came back with peanut butter toast. That is ridiculous. Steak and peanut butter toast? Who is the classless retard who came up with that?

The worst steakhouse ever.

I went to BBQ House on Friday and it was excellent. I’ll be back. :thumbsup:

I’m very glad I found this post. My buddy and I ate there this weekend. The steak was great and the price very reasonable. I think we heading back there tonight with some friends.

Thanks guy for dropping by