Where can I find Veggie Burgers?

A friend of a friend is looking for veggie burgers for cooking at home. Does anyone know where to buy these in the greater Taipei area?

Cheers.

Hobart

They sell some kinds of vegetarian steak that makes for good burgers at the morning markets. You will have to be able to read the Chinese for “vegetarian”, 素食. It’s good advice to only purchase the prepackaged vegetarian food. There are reports that a lot of the loose vegetarian meats contain actual meat as an ingredient.

Sounds good, but I don’t know if this guy has a food processor to mince the veggie steak into veggie burger. I will let him know.

I think I’ve seen them in the frozen food section of Costco.

Some of the ‘steaks’ that you buy at the markets would be fine as patties. Look around.

Wellcome has a line of veggie products (again look for the veggie character). That may or may not include patties.

Brian

Both the Neihu and Xichi Costcos carry them…Look in the frozen food section next to the regular hamburger patties.

MJB said both the Neihu and Xichi Costcos carry the veggie patties, but I’ve never seen them at the Neihu store myself … and I’m constantly on the lookout for them cause I’m a veg-head, whereas MJB is a good-ol-fashioned pig eater … right, Mikey?

I was in the Hsichr Costco yesterday and I didn’t see them either… :s

You can get ready-to-eat ones at buffet style veggie (素) restaurants. Some travel guides say there’s a veggie restaurant on every street in Taiwan. Chicken burgers are the best; they cost about $10-15 each. Also the steak ones are yummy.

I just got some chicken burgers at the veggie stand that’s on the same street as BikeFarm, two blocks closer to Hoping. They are similar to Grillers, a frozen-food veggie patty I used to eat in America.

:laughing: Not every street. There’s none on my street (Zhao An Jie). But I have three within a two block radius.

My old Street (Nan Chang Lu Sec 2) has 7 veggie places, all within 5 minutes walk.

Brian

Grandma Nitti’s have finally changed their veggie burgers and got the kind of garden burger you used to get in Costco, and, I have to say, the one I had at Nitti’s yesterday was damned fine!

Garden burger patty, fried onions, cheese slice, plus a liitle mustard and ketchup - it really was the best I’ve had in a long time. I might go and get another one right now …

[quote=“Stray Dog”]Grandma Nitti’s have finally changed their veggie burgers and got the kind of garden burger you used to get in Costco, and, I have to say, the one I had at Nitti’s yesterday was damned fine!

Garden burger patty, fried onions, cheese slice, plus a liitle mustard and ketchup - it really was the best I’ve had in a long time. I might go and get another one right now …[/quote]

Yeah but then you’d have to wash off the oil and get dressed. Why bother? :laughing:

bfdb

Any updates on that?