Where can we spend a long weekend in the South of Taiwan?

We are looking to destress a bit in the upcoming weeks with our 11 month old son from busy live in TPE.

Does anyone has some good suggestions regarding Hotels on the beach with a swimmingpool?

We would like to go to Kentung region, but maybe other places are as fine?

Looking forwards to receive some tips !.

[quote=“ceevee369”]We are looking to destress a bit in the upcoming weeks with our 11 month old son from busy live in TPE.

Does anyone has some good suggestions regarding Hotels on the beach with a swimmingpool?

Looking forwards to receive some tips !.[/quote]

I just spent a long weekend in Kenting. Kenting is for the beach, scooter drives and swimming pools, and quality of the food in the local restaurants has improved a whole lot from the last time I was there. Yum.

I stayed in a so-so hotel right next to KFC, with TV swimming pool and proximity to everything downtown…rates were 2200 for thrusday and fri, 3500 for saturday…but you could always find a cheaper B&B type place, no TV and no pool, but…your conformt may not be my comfort…

Escaping Taipei may cost a few bucks for a weekend, but comfort is crucial for our 11 months old.

Best thing to have is a room directly situated on the poolside , but this is wishfull thinking over here no?

Guess we can not find hotels (resorts) directly on the beach like the ones in Thailand>>> :unamused:

Are there some internet sites with information on resorts in this country?

[quote=“ceevee369”]Escaping Taipei may cost a few bucks for a weekend, but comfort is crucial for our 11 months old.

Best thing to have is a room directly situated on the poolside , but this is wishfull thinking over here no?

Guess we can not find hotels (resorts) directly on the beach like the ones in Thailand>>> :unamused:

Are there some internet sites with information on resorts in this country?[/quote]

Do a search on Kenting in the travel forum, and you’ll find a bunch of stuff. Some resorts are pretty close to the beach…just across the street…all within walking distance.

The Chateau is right on the beach and also has a nice pool with a bar. Its several years since I stayed there, but it was very pleasant. Of course, it could have changed out of all recognition since then, so caveat emptor.

It’s orange now…

It was orange before but don’t let that put you off. Nice hardwood floors, lovely bathrooms, a decent Western buffet breakfast…

What was the price for the Chateau those days?
Do they offer pick up airport service

yeah, yeah , call it luxury… :smiley:

[quote=“ceevee369”]What was the price for the Chateau those days?
Do they offer pick up airport service

yeah, yeah , call it luxury… :smiley:[/quote]
I think I paid NT$1,800 last time or maybe it was NT$2,200, I can’t remember. I do remember that it was about double the cost of one of those scuzzy tiny guesthouses and about 100 times nicer.

I’ll add my vote for Chateau - it’s definitely a good place if you’ve got a small kid. We got a ground floor room facing the ocean which had the advantage that once you’ve put the kid to sleep you can sit out on the patio drinking beer, watching the stars etc. while within range in case he wakes up. They’ll also provide a decent travel cot.
Here’s the website - although the english info is a bit sparse:
ktchateau.com.tw/

OK, I am convinced ! SOLD
Thanks for the info and the tips guys :slight_smile:

[quote=“ceevee369”]We are looking to destress a bit in the upcoming weeks with our 11 month old son from busy live in TPE.

Looking forwards to receive some tips !.[/quote]

Stressed out already? You just arrived. :slight_smile:

Did you think about Taroko instead of Kenting? The Taroko Grand Formosa is really nice.

grandformosa-taroko.com.tw/home/english/

We stayed at the Chateau two weeks ago. It’s quite nice but very expensive right now (NT7000 a night or something). The breakfast was good, but the “beach bbq” was quite horrible. So don’t go for that if you have a choice. Bit it has lovely pools and a nice beach.

Bloody hell! It sure isn’t worth 7 grand a night! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: WHen I was there I thought it was “adequate” at around NT$2,000.

7 grand x 3 nights x 2 rooms = 42.000 NT !!! :frowning:

For that price I can probaly book a trip overseas all included
Guess GEOTPE booked the royal suite with jacuzzi and turning bed :wink:

Hi Ceevee369,

Kending is a good chose for your long vacation; the other place that you can go to Green Island, it’s very nature, beautiful view and around the island by motocycle…It’s pretty nice for your reference…

Regards,

Stark

I agree with Stark, Green Island is great for total relaxation, the fresh air, blue skies, snorkeling, hiking.

I recommend to book through Eddie at Green Island Adventures or Whose Travel. Everything is arranged for you, pick-up to the ferry, ferry tickets, scooter rental, snorkeling, etc.

Khuantzuling is also a nice place in the mountains in the south. Some nice hotels there with mud spa’s.

The hotel I recommended in Khuantzuling/Quanziling is Guanziling Toong Mao Spa Resort. However, it’s quite pricy: NT$3 500 for a deluxe triple room. It’s cheaper during weekdays.

Here is the best hotel in Taiwan. Pricey (most expensive in Taiwan), but quite nice as all of the rooms are huge suites with balconies offering great views of the lake and LaLu island. Go when the moon is full for a great reflection on the lake at night. Gof or a special night. One night is enough, but if you stay two, they have a special offer.

thelalu.com.tw

Right now the weather there is cooler than KenTing.