Where could I bulk buy honey, like a lot?

AS the title says… where could I find a producer with very competitive prices?

What are you trying to do Jesus? Drown someone? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Try the RaoHe Night Market, there is an Ah Bei there that has been selling honey there for as long as I can remember. Look for the picture of him covered in bees.

[quote=“ranlee”]What are you trying to do Jesus? Drown someone? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Try the RaoHe Night Market, there is an Ah Bei there that has been selling honey there for as long as I can remember. Look for the picture of him covered in bees.[/quote]
Well, I’m actually targeting at the kind of seller who sells the honey to the retailers in the market :slight_smile:

so your looking for wholesale honey. First go find a brand thst you like, then search out that company. there is local honey and imports so can pick from those. Thailand is one of the largest producers in Asia.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. I knew about Thailand exporting a lot of honey, but not sure what would be cheaper… it’s also important to be pure honey, and not honey, water and sugar, which is the Taiwanese / Chinese concept of honey.

1 Like

I never knew they watered down honey with high fructose corn syrup until I got here. I’m guessing that they do this back home at the cheapest price level.

I also think that contacting the businesses listed on the label would be a good first step. But if you go that route you better be interested in buying like 50 liters/mo (or more). They aren’t going to the hassle of supplying someone looking for 2-3 liters/mo.

Yup, that’s generally how you go about it. Call the wholesaler listed on the label. You’ll need fluent Chinese, and ask what their minimum shipment is. I’ve done this with various products. The minimum may be 20, 40 or 100 units, depending on the supplier. If you need an amount (e.g. 10 kilos)smaller than their minimum (e.g. 25), you can try going to a flexible retailer, such as Yixing baking supply under the Minquan bridge, and negotiating with them for a break on pricing; they might give you 10 or 15% off (or more).

Thanks again for the tips. I would be looking for a big number of liters, may be not 100, but more than 20 I guess. Still I’m not totally sure how much I will need, or even if i will need it, but it’s probable and i’m not gonig to pay the regular price for it :slight_smile:

Wtf, watered down honey???
Still using some that came with us from home but it’s almost gone so I’m glad to know what to look out for.

Jesus,it almost sounds like you have a kinky night planned :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[quote=“res”]Wtf, watered down honey???
Still using some that came with us from home but it’s almost gone so I’m glad to know what to look out for.

Jesus,it almost sounds like you have a kinky night planned :p[/quote]
It’s been on the news.

I don’t doubt that some are adulterated. Some are clearly less viscous than others, too.

It’s not really about the viscosity or the water. It’s that it’s just a HFCS/honey mix. Now each person can have their own opinion as to whether or not HFCS is bad for you but if I’m buying honey I want to buy honey. Of course pure honey is quite a bit more expensive and that’s the reason for the non-pure honey.

I actually know of some honey suppliers in Miaoli and Gukeng. But both ALSO import honey or other products from Thailand. So where the honey comes from is unclear. There are better labeling systems now but the honey in the supermarkets is still shit.
You see most people don’t eat honey but drink it like tea here!

1 Like

90% of manuka honey sold worldwide is fake (google it!) do be careful. only buy directly from new zealand reputed farms, or buy from taiwanese that sources from New Zealand.

There’s a Netflix special on the honey trade, Taiwan is or was one of the great global fake honey traders !

really? whats the netflix show name?
didn’t know taiwan has fake traders on honey. always thought USA has tons of fake manuka honey

honey-album-cover-ohio-players

2 Likes

We make our own honey in Italy!

2 Likes

We do too in Taiwan. But much faster, cheaper and a lot less work than those old-fashioned European methods. Just buy a few gallons of HFCS and add a generous dash of E150.

1 Like