Where could I bulk buy honey, like a lot?

i really thought so.
at least in commerce. I guess money makes people greedy.

It’s a bit like Coca Cola.

If it turns out the “natural flavoring” is bat poop, and you remove that, people will stop drinking coke immediately. They like the drink and altering them has proven disastrous (remember New Coke?)

Same with honey in Taiwan. People here love honey they can buy for a few hundred NTD in big bottles and they can add it to cold water to make a nice drink. Give them real honey and they may not like it at all. I think in the US honey won’t dissolve in cold water at all, but I do not know how many percent is real honey because I remember a small 5oz bottle costing around 5 dollars. It also tasted nothing like Taiwan honey.

And let’s not get started on Cool Aid. Americans drink that stuff and they’re nothing more than food coloring and artificial sweeteners.

1 Like

Cool Aid is one of the most important inventions in the history of the Union!

Yeah otherwise how would people get through all the shit in their day.:grinning:

Bollocks.

There’s cheap real honey in Europe, and I know what I’m talking about because my family has had bees. I don’t find the watery syrup shit sold here cheap at all, and its quality is already described in my previous sentence.

Long time no see!

Welcome back.

Cheap real honey in Europe . What is cheap ? Where is this cheap real honey ?

Honey is getting more expensive in a lot of places because of colony virus and yes the realisation by consumer that real honey is what they want not some fake stuff.

Not anyone. Some of my family in the UK have hives and they don’t sell fake. It’s a side business to other agricultural produce. They never have enough to meet demand though but they never fake it. They also only sell locally as they cannot meet any export orders and they have quite a lot of hives. It’s a hard business with wasp attacks, pesticide poisoning of bees, and risk of legal problems if people get stung. Pigs and chickens are an easier option :smile:
These days goats is where it’s at.

1 Like

yeah i watch the Rotten’s episode on honey, apparently pollination is a side income to rearing bees, given that honey income is not sufficient.
my comvita manuka from just arrived. bought at this taiwan manuka honey site good thing is its in English and Chinese, because my chinese sucks.

and its from New zealand, but sent from Singapore. everything looks okay so far.
one of my biggest fear of buying manuka honey from new zealand is fraud. I was at new zealand once for holiday tour, and we visited the farms, you know to see the sheeps and animals etc, and we did drive around and visit a few beekeepers and oh wow…

so many farms… owned… by… Chinese.
at first i thought its chinese new zealands, you know migrants and stuff, but i heard from the locals that its mostly china overseas investments.

china buying up everywhere. just like what japanese did to us in the 90s. (u can guess my age… lol)

2 Likes

Costco? :thinking:

Years ago I made my own ‘honey’. Buy sugar juice, filter out the bits and start boiling it down to a syrupy liquid, tastes like honey, looks like honey.