Where do I shop for a good mattress?

I usually flip my mattress on CNY holiday , but this article says that should flip your mattress twice a year

There are mattresses you can not flip, only turn.

Where can I try Sealy mattresses? Costco has great prices but I need to test the damn thing first. So I am willing to pay more from another store that has demo models.

What other mattresses have you tried in the past?
Why did this stand out for you?

IKEA good great cheap mattresses ( but for IKEA sized beds)

Nitori for great cheap mattresses for regular sized beds (go to a big store, you can test them all)

For quality mattresses Iā€™d buy from Costco. Some stores have a test bed (you might need to call around to find one)

I donā€™t know how I missed this thread.

There is a mattress brand called Cinderella that offers good made in Taiwan mattresses pocket coil without being too pricey. They have plenty of firmness to choose from, and each can be paired up with different foam layers to adjust firmness and stay cool to the touch in summer. There are physical locations for you to try out the mattress and the people in the store wonā€™t bother you when you are there.

If you want a really soft mattress, would you consider foam mattresses? If so thereā€™s a pretty popular online store called Sleepy Tofu which ships mattresses to you and if you do not like it, you could return it.

Derek mattress and GAGU mattress are also pretty popular these days. Both of these also have physical locations.

1 Like

We have the sleepy tofu one and itā€™s perfect! The first layer is soft, but the mattress itself is not. (I usually get a sore back when sleeping on soft mattresses, and Iā€™d rather sleep on the floor.) I havenā€™t had a sore back with the Sleepy Tofu one.

1 Like

Previously I bought the cheapest ones I could find. But waking up with all kinds of aches and pains led me to learn more about mattresses. Definitely buy one that you can try out first.

Has anyone here actually tried one of the Costco Sealy mattresses? Iā€™m tempted to just try it out given the return policy, but it does seem like somewhat of a hassle.

Also, is the softness scale here the same as in the US? In the US, Iā€™d prefer a firm mattress, but Iā€™m not sure if ē”¬ here is really the sameā€¦

No, there is only one standard here, very hard. Bamboo on top.

1 Like

I donā€™t know about that but you better check it to be sure! They like them hard here.

1 Like

Ikea has several choices (even size) and most bed and mattress stores have International brands and choices of hardness, but limited sizes if not custom made. Standard length in Taiwan is 188cm, even king size, queen size are 188cm.
Tofu mattress is a good choice I guess. (use Google page translate)