Where do you let your dog pee?

[quote]1- The plywood over the tires is to protect the rubber from drying out before the thread on the tires actually wear out. Old people who do very little mileage use plywood more often.
[/quote]
I did not know that.
As for the bit about building up a kid’s immune system by letting him play with dogshit? Erm. I’ll think about it. It’s academic though – Stray Dog and Irishstu both live in the same 02 telephone prefix as me, so that means there’s already tons and tons of shit particles floating about in the air.

[quote=“sandman”][quote]1- The plywood over the tires is to protect the rubber from drying out before the thread on the tires actually wear out. Old people who do very little mileage use plywood more often.
[/quote]
I did not know that.
As for the bit about building up a kid’s immune system by letting him play with dogshit? Erm. I’ll think about it. It’s academic though – Stray Dog and Irishstu both live in the same 02 telephone prefix as me, so that means there’s already tons and tons of shit particles floating about in the air.[/quote]

OK people

Shit smells bad for a reason. It is an evolutionary warning system. That smells bad don’t eat it! Don’t touch it and keep the hell away from it. ! This is shit it stinks bad for a reason! :loco: That’s shit is stinks bad for a reason, we don’t like that smell for a reason. It is bad don’t touch!!! :loco:

[quote=“fenlander”]
OK people

Shit smells bad for a reason. It is an evolutionary warning system. That smells bad don’t eat it! Don’t touch it and keep the hell away from it. ! This is shit it stinks bad for a reason! :loco: That’s shit is stinks bad for a reason, we don’t like that smell for a reason. It is bad don’t touch!!! :loco:[/quote]
In some cultures shit is not considered to smell bad. There is some African group where women used to use cow dung to dress their hair. Japanese women use bird shit to keep their skin white. I have a Korean friend who was surprised when I made a face when we were walking by a manure-laden barnyard - he said he thought it smelled good. Some people eat it - OK, I don’t get that, but …
Other animals eat shit too - haven’t you ever been chased by chickens or pigs eager for their next snack?
Babies aren’t offended by it either - finding it offensive seems to be a learned response, only learned in certain cultures.

[quote=“bababa”][quote=“fenlander”]
OK people

Shit smells bad for a reason. It is an evolutionary warning system. That smells bad don’t eat it! Don’t touch it and keep the hell away from it. ! This is shit it stinks bad for a reason! :loco: That’s shit is stinks bad for a reason, we don’t like that smell for a reason. It is bad don’t touch!!! :loco:[/quote]
In some cultures shit is not considered to smell bad. There is some African group where women used to use cow dung to dress their hair. Japanese women use bird shit to keep their skin white. I have a Korean friend who was surprised when I made a face when we were walking by a manure-laden barnyard - he said he thought it smelled good. Some people eat it - OK, I don’t get that, but …
Other animals eat shit too - haven’t you ever been chased by chickens or pigs eager for their next snack?
Babies aren’t offended by it either - finding it offensive seems to be a learned response, only learned in certain cultures.[/quote]

sure I know other animals eat shit! Rabbits eat their own shit and sometimes dogs eat the shit of other dog’s for nutrients it may contain (it can be beneficial to dogs and is essential for rabbits and so probably doesn’t smell bad to them). I am commenting on dog shit smelling bad and being bad for humans
Dog shit is bad for humans and the smell is repulsive to 99.999% of humans on the planet. It is considered bad for us because it is bad for us. I’m not sure if it is learned or evolved but almost all animals are turned off by the smell of a skunk despite never have been exposed to a skunk before.

Of course you could hypothetically get 1000 toddlers and get them to smell dog shit and then later smell chocolate, and see which one they prefer. Until then we will never know but I suggest a good rule of thumb is to stay away from things that smell bad or as most humans say “stink like shit”