Where have all the Elevator Girls gone? Bus stewardesses and mtv

They’ve been replaced by the turbolifts

1 Like

Still waiting for that Holodeck…

1 Like

Any of those cage style manual elevators still around somewhere in Taiwan?

I rode one as a young kid in NYC. Scared it would eat my fingers.

Is the place you lived still there, it seems a new small hotel is there unless it;s inside. The Place has the same name but no department store (its now the other end of the park). I do go there for the MoMo Paradis hot ShaubuShaubu and the Korean place on the streetside.

Building is still there, Department store closed last year. The Market in the Basement was the last store to close, but the Gym on top is maybe still open though.

We used to have this kind of paternoster elevator in the tax office of my home town

Loved the experience as a kid

3 Likes

I’ve seen these in action on youtube. Looks like so much fun.

1 Like

Nooooooooo!!! (sips some tea) oooooooo! Closed! :frowning:

Well, I haven’t enjoyed that place since they remodeled and removed the McDonald’s and the little coin operated carousel.
My kids liked that place.

Frigg!!! My kids are old enough to do their own thing some days and I seriously was going to take a few days this summer to meet up with K-TOWN friends or go solo and explore the city on foot again. How I used to do it.
With a family and a car, you are limited to certain places, Costco, Book Stores and select movie theaters while the whole city changes. Friggin Covid!!!

One sport my wife and I engaged in was walking to the various department stores with their store issued visa for mastercards, spending 100NT, usually at the food court, going upstairs to the top floor to stand in line for the free gifts. All you needed to do to do was show your credit card and your receipts. You did not even have to charge the purchases.
We got cups, clocks, sheets, everything.
They were some fun times.
We stopped going to the city because it became a hassle with kids. Do the stores still offer such premiums?

1 Like

MTV is still there and young people still go there to make out from the stories I hear (like a say, ㄍMTV was like this back in the day, and younger person will say it’s the same)

2 Likes

The store has credit card promos and gifts, but seems less popular with younger people as like me use LINE pay other promos if I buy.

Not just young people, all ages.

That is bit of surprise !

1 Like