Where to buy apple cider vinegar in bulk?

So I’ve got a bit of a foot fungus issue from wearing closed shoes all day in the humid weather, probably athletes foot and I need to give it the apple cider vinegar treatment (as well as all my shoes and socks) for a week. Problem is, I can’t find them in bulk at cheap prices like they have in the states. I found a few bottles at supermarkets, but I’d need to use 2-3 of those bottles each treatment, and they cost around 150TWD each which is insane. I need those big gallon containers like they have at Fred Meyers in the US for only a few bucks. Has anyone seen these on sale in Taiwan?

Only normal vinegar for 100 ntd a gallon. Might work? That thing is not edible, I use it to clean the floor.

White vinegar works just as well.

Urine works fine. :whistle:

baking soda

1 Like

Fungal infections occur mainly due to increased moisture and over nourishment from eating too much carbohydrates. I usually treat my patients with anti fungal cream (staderm “econazole” cream) and solutions (exelderm “sulconazole” solution) twice daily. Also use liquid nitrogen to freeze off hard dead warty skin lesions to intensity treatment efficacy and offer better topical medication penetration. Obtain the following blood tests for HbA1C (rule out Diabetes) and liver panel SGOT SGPT (just incase I decide to prescribe oral antifungal medication which may be too harsh on their liver). Apple cider is a popular traditional remedy. Try to keep your feet dry by using blow dryer twice daily.

Most importantly do some dietary modification such as Intermittent Fasting and cutting off all sugar from your diet. Fungus thrive on patients who eat frequent high carbohydrate based diets and sweat often. Most obese diabetic patients have recurrence of fungus infection on their feet, groin, scalp, and skin folds. See your dermatologist for the needed medications and blood tests. If you are located in Taipei and has National health insurance card. Private message me I will be glad to help out an Expat.

6 Likes

Betelnut spit. It will kill the fungus and the skin.

I don’t know how picky your feet are, but do you actually need apple cider vinegar, or couldn’t you just use regular white vinegar? I guess the main point is the acetic acid to stop the growth of the fungus. If the latter is okay, I’ve seen it in Costco for like NT$125 per 5-liter container. I assume you need to dilute the vinegar too, rather than using it neat?

If it was me, I’d just buy pure, food-grade glacial acetic acid from one of the chemical stores on Tianshui Road or wherever for like NT$100 per liter and dilute it 20-fold to get the ~4-5% acetic acid concentration of vinegar (and dilute that further, if necessary for the foot soak).*

*Disclaimer: This post does not constitute medical advice and I accept no liability for the safety or foot health of Forumosans or any other reader.

2 Likes

I read some reddit posts and they suggested apple cider vinegar, pure and undiluted, which will kill off everything after a few days. I guess white vinegar might work too but I’ll probably try diluted to be safe.

I tried spot cream treatments with lamasil but they just pop up again in other places. I think I need to soak my socks, shoes in vinegar and that should kill off everything.

If you have NHI just make an appointment with @lotus425 , will be cheaper in the long run and far more likely to yield positive results.

1 Like

Definitively diluted. I don’t even use it pure on the floors. I also take apple cider vinegar every day and it is one teaspoon in a 500 ml glass. With ice.

As to socks and clothes, at the local pharmacies they sell Dettol and other disinfectant suitable for clothes, linen,etc.

Also, in Japanese pharmacies, they sell a very useful spray for boots, shoes, sandals. Cheap and effective.

1 Like

I finally found Apple vinegar which is the same thing, at costco 關渡. 2 gallons for under $10, pretty good deal! The grocery stores could turn around and sell each bottle for 150nt, which nets them 1800nt. That’s a nice profit margin.

I don’t think so… Those look like ready to drink bottles… To sell at that price those bottles would need to be undiluted.

Looks like an apple vinegar drink and not pure vinegar.

There is no way that is the same thing.

athletes foot (aka Hong Kong feet) unlike Love is
FOREVER

p.s. had a TW girl (real cute) tell me once she had HK Feet , I treated her like she had the plague, never went out with her again :stuck_out_tongue:

oh and i never dated any keelung girls (convinced with the wet moldy weather there that they all had HK feet). And now in the USA i have HK feet and its forever. never can get rid of it completely.
oh never wear closed shoes in taiwan that is not real leather or cotton

1 Like

nope, you can kill the fungus with vinegar

Atheletes foot is real hard to kill. The spores bury themselves deep into the tissue. Even causing little blisters.
I think im 95pct cured though.
Musta gotten it from the gym

1 Like

I saw some Reddit person dip his feet in apple cider vinegar for a week or so (20min each time) and the skin all peeled off. Maybe that’ll cure it.

yeah and if you use sulfuric acid your whole foot falls off. end of the athletes foot problem :stuck_out_tongue: