Where to find a comprehensive list of cars currently assembled or manufactured in Taiwan

I can’t seem to find a website that lists all the cars that are either assembled or manufactured in Taiwan at the moment. Any idea where to start? Wikipedia is woefully out of date

1 Like

As far as I know, the only car that’s Taiwanese from the ground up (i.e. not manufactured under license of another company) is Luxgen, but even then they’re partnered with Yulon, which also manufactures Nissan and formerly Renault products.

Lots of commuter cars tend to be contracted with local factories (usually higher-end cars are imported). Kuozui makes Toyotas, Lioho makes Fords.

The only one I know of that has their own factory is Honda, which Honda is actually the root of a few Taiwanese companies: Kymco used to be a parts manufacturer for Honda until they split way back in the day, but now focuses on scooters. SYM (SanYang Motors) also makes scooters, but used to be contracted with Honda (to the extent some peopled called a Honda Sanyang instead of BenTian or even just Honda in the 90’s; I don’t remember any other brand that went by its factory/importer name), but now assembles Hyundai products after Honda opened their own direct factory as mentioned above.

CMC not only makes Mitsubishi cars, but they’ve redesigned a few cars/trucks to suit local tastes (e.g. most blue work trucks and vans tend to be a CMC Veryca).

2 Likes

I occasionally see their Zinger car around. Has to be up there with one of the ugliest cars in Taiwan.

Edit: just googled it and the newer models actually look OK. Still, absolutely awful name

You can check the local manufacturers websites:

source:

1 Like

all the cars that are officially for sale in Taiwan. Might be of use? idk

1 Like