Where to find... beard oil, beard lotion, and other beard products

Hi all,

As above, I’m looking for beard oil, beard lotion, and good quality beard shampoo in Taipei.

Might have to order from Amazon. I’ve never seen these anywhere here (for good reason if you look around). Gotta bring ‘em back in your suitcase from trips home.

1 Like

Ditto as per above. If anything i am looking for things to wash my beard to remove oil. Probably degreasing dishwater fluid haha.

Its so hot and sticky here, even the few with beards probably dont want more oils on their face.

Or is this like a hair gel type thing? You can shape and sculpt the beard into various shapes that hold posture?

As an aside, what does beard shampoo do that top of the head shampoo doesn’t? Surely they are the same thing just rebranded. Genuinely curious.

There are barber supplies here: https://www.conquestshop.com/

The primary objective is to make it softer

Having a weird flashback on this conversation haha. Anywho. Would baby shampoo not work the same? i have been using baby soaps for oily skin and been amazingly impressed by the lack of chemical damage left by the usual suspects.

1 Like

How much of my time should I spend grooming my facial hair?
I’m worried that I haven’t been allocating enough time to this. In fact, I’ve been neglecting my facial hair while wasting countless hours paying attention to my spouse and children. Now that my kids are mostly grown, and my wife and I have exhausted talking about our three topics of mutual interest, I feel that I have some extra hours that need to be filled. So, I guess I’ll need some beard oil, beard lotion, beard balm, a set of beard brushes, and a good quality beard shampoo. What am I missing?

1 Like

Don’t know the answer to "where to find . . . "

I use baby shampoo (because it’s mild), and then coconut oil on the beard (because it’s natural and smells good). The commercial beard oils are not necessarily better than something like coconut oil. You can lookup home made versions online. Beard oils might contain something that shapes the beard (a wax or oil that’s more solid at room temperature), a scent, or other additives. Then they charge a big markup profit because they mixed it for you and put it in a fancy little bottle. Then add shipping from the U.S. or europe, and now the price will be crazy.

Amazon ships a lot of beard products here. Free shipping if you spend 60 USD as well.

Otherwise I would check a place like Craftsmanship Barber Shop. I’m sure they would be willing to sell you some beard products.

“And the award for Most Hipsterish Post of 2021 goes too…”

I had a beard for years. Just used shampoo. I didn’t even know beard oil, beard lotion and other beard products were things until just now. :slight_smile:

There is a beard and hair products shop in A11, 4F I think or whichever floor they sell stuff for men. They have all the imported stuff.

3 Likes

1 hour a week. If its more, you have too much free time and risk coming across as one of those bar hoping fun boys people like to poke fun at.

Or you go full on sophisticated, then 2 hours a week.

Or you go full on religious beard and 0 hours a week maintenance but probably 20 hours a week trying to explain and justify it to people.

1 Like