Where to Find Deep Fat Fryer in HKG

This is a post I’ve wanted to make for a while but couldn’t

I’ve got excellent steak. I’ve got very good mussels. I’ve got decent frites - but I’m sick of slaving over a hot wok.

Where can I buy a deep fat fryer so that I can get perfect frites?

Lotsa places, just check in the Yellow Pages! I found a place just off Nathan Rd. when I went to enquire about changing the motor on my sausage machine. They had deep fryers too.
:wink:

[quote=“TaiwanSaffies”]Lotsa places, just check in the Yellow Pages! I found a place just off Nathan Rd. when I went to enquire about changing the motor on my sausage machine. They had deep fryers too.
:wink:[/quote]

Nathan road covers quite a distance…care to be more specific? Thanks.

Make friends with the pai dong people who make you tiao. Just throw your food into their HOT, boiling VAT of oil.

But if u want me to be serious (but only when you’re shirley), then I would goto City Super in IFC. They have all the foreigner goods. I mean, who else would buy a deep fat fryer for home use, in HK that is?

The guy who does my Fa Lun Gong crispy fried baby has a nice deep sucker that can sit two babies in a single frying. I’ll ask him where he got it from, but I suspect it’s straight out of one of those ex-PLA heavy industrials.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]The guy who does my Fa Lun Gong crispy fried baby has a nice deep sucker that can sit two babies in a single frying. I’ll ask him where he got it from, but I suspect it’s straight out of one of those ex-PLA heavy industrials.

HG[/quote]

LMAO. sick and twisted. :laughing:

OK, OK… I’ve been a serious recce around Kowloon and the NT and this area, in my opinion, is the best if you’re looking for any kitchen equipment. If you’re a foody like me, you’ll be very happy with this area, you can find anything here:
Shanghai Street, Mong Kok
It’s quite a long-ish street that starts North at Prince Edward Rd. West, reaching south to as far as Waterloo Rd. I dunno if the stores (still Shanghai St.) south from Waterloo Rd. also sell kitchen equipment, we only managed to reach Waterloo Rd. befor the kids got tired!

If you have a Lonely Planet (Hong Kong & Macau) it’s on Page 418

Happy shopping!

Fortress. Some place in Central. It’s where I buy all my toasters.

Fortress is an evil cult.

That would be FOODIE. Teaching English?