Where to find gas barbeques?

Hi
I’ve been to hell and back trying to find a gas barbeque…and one that has a cover so you can protect things against rain and wind…I found one at Costco, but it has a flat cover, and I want a round one.

Does anyone have any Idea? BnQ had great ones during Moon festival, but they’re all out now. And not going to get any in till next time…

grrr

gas bbq’s are very un-braai-like, na? :slight_smile: and i’m hoping you mean propane? or are there no propane bbq’s in the 'wan?

I have seen the round one you’re talking about at the Shijr Costco… but that was a few months ago…so before you scoot it out there, maybe give them a ring.

Those 3C stores have them. You’ll probably have to go to one of the larger branches though. I have seen a few different gas bbqs at the 3C on Nan-Jing E. Rd., in between Ji-Lin St. and the Xin-Sheng Expressway. Hope that helps.
Looks like they have standard hookups to the small or larger propane tanks you can order here.

The 3C chain stores have some , like :san kun.
I had one last year from there.

Pop down to the RTMart in Bitan. I saw one the other day. A high cover, but not round. Comes on a wheeled frame with wooden shelves and stuff.

sounds good…thanks guys.

[quote=“Battery9”]Hi
I’ve been to hell and back trying to find a gas barbeque…and one that has a cover so you can protect things against rain and wind…[/quote]

Jislaaik, Battery9…! I gave one away just before I left TW! It was one of those round-topped B&Q joppies. Worked well for me and yes, it WAS a gas braai! (nevermaaind bushibanned, for us propane IS gas!)
Here in HK I’m back to a good-ol’ wood burnin’ BRAAI right on the beach!

Heppie searching!

:laughing:

Ive never had a gas braaier…sounds like an insane idea to me. But will give it a try…I prefer my blitz jong.

Mind you don’t burn your leg on it.

Ja, but after 7 years, (Pieter Dirk Uys said) it’s … adapt or die!

This was actually on my wood-chip smoker converted into a charcoal braai, better than gas, though!
The wors… home-made! :bravo:

Agreed. You might as well fry your bloody meat!