Where to find Kirsch?

Just for some pastry baking. Have you seen any?
Cheers

I’ve seen it. But if you’re using it for baking I’m not telling, you philistine! :wink:
Nah. Seriously, I’ve seen various kinds of eau de vie in City Super and in Jasons.
BAKING??? You should be shot, I say.

[quote=“sandman”]I’ve seen it. But if you’re using it for baking I’m not telling, you philistine! :wink:
Nah. Seriously, I’ve seen various kinds of eau de vie in City Super and in Jasons.
BAKING??? You should be shot, I say.[/quote]
Actually, it is often used in making clafoutis (kind of tart), especially with cherries and only a Tbsp of it. You should try, it’s delicious.
Still wanna shoot me? :wink:

Oh, THAT kind of baking. I do like clafoutis, especially when the cherries aren’t all sweet and disgusting like the Americans do cherry pie.

Kirsch? Hmmm… what does this refer to? “Kirsche” would be Cherry in German… and if I hear “Kirsch” I would think of Eckes Edelkirsch, a sweet cherry liqueur. Or you mean some kind of cherry jam?

Don’t know what those things are. Kirsch to me is one of a variety of clear, high-alcohol distillates made from fruit. Collectively called eau de vie. Includes Pear William and one made of plums. Where I come from we drink it in tiny liqueur glasses with coffee after a meal.

Kirschwasser (pronounced /KIRSH-VAHS-ər/, German for “cherry water”) is a clear, colorless fruit brandy traditionally made from double distillation of morellos, a dark-colored cultivar of the sour cherry. However, the beverage is now being made from other kinds of cherries as well.

The cherries are fermented complete (i.e., along with their stones).[1]

Aaaaaah yummie :slight_smile: I didn’t know people outside of Europe knew how to enjoy this kind of spirits :wink: Okay, if anyone knows where to get the “Schladerer” brand of this stuff in TW, let me know :notworthy: