Where to find probably not so typical Gay Taiwanese online?

For gay men in Taiwan (I’m told), Grindr is for hookups, and Tinder is for relationships.

I thought tinder is always for hookups, at least in the states, and ok cupid is for relationship

My colleague is into Hornet and recently got a boyfriend that way

I met my now husband through mutual friend but that mutual friend was a sex friend :sweat_smile: so maybe have a few ‘friends with benefits’ and meet their friends and branch out.

1 Like

Not in Taiwan. There aren’t enough people in Taiwan for everybody to use a different app, so most people stick with Tinder (and more recently, Omi). Because of that, Tinder here is for both hooking up and for relationships.

For gay men, though, they also have Grindr, so all the people hooking up go there, and that leaves all the people looking for relationships on Tinder.

Yea, my Grindr success rate is kinda low in taiwan though. When I was in Austin if I was not picky I could get hookups on Grindr or tinder fairly quickly, but taiwanese are far pickier. I actually had a Nigerian guy when I was in Austin who would find me every month for a hookup…

It takes me at least 6 months to find a single hookup through Grindr in taiwan.

1 Like

Taiwanese gays are generally much more superficial compared to Australian gays.

And that’s saying something

They expect everyone to be a gym junky

Yea, maybe if I work out hard enough and get body like Chris Hemsworth then my success rate might go up… Might…

I don’t think I can be that jacked even with years of consistent workout. I’d have to use PEDs

If I need hookup now I go to a bath house. That’s the quickest way I found in taiwan.

1 Like

Why not? Mind you I’m not in great shape these days either :joy:

Single me was the same. It’s easier, no fuss.

By the way I wouldn’t say taiwanese gays are superficial. Taiwanese are superficial, regardless of sex or sexual orientation.

The whiteness will ease some of that superficialness, but only by 20 percent.

Problem is bath house costs money, but sometimes you gotta pay to skip to the front of the line…

1 Like

You’re probably right

So the people on the apps are superficial and expect you to be a gym junkie, but the people at the bathhouses who can see you naked aren’t as picky?

Damn you must be packing.

1 Like

Guys at bath houses want to hook up. They only got the people there to work with, and they paid to get in too so they’re getting some, one way or another.

Also in the dark room people don’t care.

It also depends on the individual bath house. Most are basically skinny guys only, but this one in ximen caters to blue collar crowds so are less superficial.

1 Like

Are there really dark rooms in those bath houses? I bet the cleaning ladys can tell lots of funny stories about daily work in those places.

2 Likes

How dark depends on which one you go to. Some are completely black to the point where it’s impossible to walk. Some have really dim dark blue coloured lights so you can still see where you’re going.

I have some suspicions about those. I once got an email from OkCupid congratulating me on being “one of their most attractive and popular members”, and if that’s true, the rest of their demo must have been mostly psychopathic burn victims.

10 Likes

Hmmm now I’m intrigued. Are you hot? :ponder:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Most Taiwanese ladies seem to think so! At least the ones on Omi.

Who knows? Maybe all the other guys on Omi are burn victims too.

I guess they can get away with that by not quantifying the statement with specifics!

1 Like

Some languages “Omi” could be translated as “grandma” or “granny”.
Looks like its an app for 60+ chicks or something.^^

3 Likes

Don’t talk about grannies here, or a certain somebody here will get excited.