Where to find probably not so typical Gay Taiwanese online?

Hi. I am Elias, 22 years old, and will travel to Taiwan soon.

I have searched already on Romeo and similar platforms, but never really found so much for what I search.

I also search ONLY for lont term relationship and not just for sex.

Now my question is: Does anyone here know platforms to find such people? I tried already platforms like Romeo and such, but the people there are just into sex and mostly nothing else.

Regards Elias

2 Likes

Hi Elias
This is an interesting post. It is not my experience at all that most / typical gay Taiwanese are after sex only. Whenever I was using dating apps, e.g. Tinder, in Taiwan, I had quite an opposite experience.

After meeting up once or twice (regardless of whether sex was involved), many seemed to expect exclusivity and some kind of “boyfriend” status.

Keep your mind open, everybody is different. Give Tinder or Hornet a go. I am sure there are plenty of guys there with serious intentions.

2 Likes

Are there also platforms next to Hornet and Tinder that are used in Taiwan for dating?

I haven’t used any others, sorry :slight_smile:

There are others as far as I remember, however I haven’t checked those in a while. So I hope our fellow forumosans will help out.

But, depending on which city you’ll live in, there could also be offline locations that might be suitable. At least for Taipei I know there are several gay hotspots like the red House area in ximending.

Oh comeon folks, really noone that knows something more?

To be honest with you, finding sex is easy, finding relationship is much harder. Almost all my friends are straight, and the gay ones do not see me as partners.

You can try grindr but then that’s mostly for sex, you can try various platforms, etc.

We were waiting for you to report back to us about what you eventually found (happiness, I hope). :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

I’ve found the same with Taiwanese women, but to be fair the only place I meet women is Tinder :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Taiwanese women bore me…

Where to find probably not so typical Gay Taiwanese online?

They’re all taken. Sorry.

Heh heh, anyway…I met mine during a water rafting trip in Hualian. Not online, I know, but if you’re open to real life experiences then be on the lookout everywhere: Café, mall, hiking trail, laundromat, church, Chinese class, etc. In case the online stuff doesn’t pan out.

4 Likes

As a tech addicted, probably a server room or similar would be good, but if I see there someone interesting and say “hi” I think his first reaction would be to say “Who are you and how did you come in here”

Anyways, I made that experience too, almost everyone on those dating sites just want one thing, and thats not a relationship. Also people like me dont seem to be on any social media (I am also not) so the only thing will be likely the real world and then see who runs over my feet.

Idk why it is especially in the gay world likt this, that everyone just searchs for sex, but probably its just the todays trend…

1 Like

It’s just men being men, isn’t it?

The only reason straight men don’t get as much action is women are choosier.

Well you might have to choose one or the other. Either relationship/friendship or sex, but not both. Problem is any men I have friendship with are not gay, so there’s also that too.

By the way, does anyone know here what dating apps gays use in taiwan?
Even if they are in chinese, would be interesting, to know, it seems there are not so many taiwanese on the international apps, probably for the reason that they have their own apps.

I think that all the typical LGBT dating apps are used for both hookups and dating in Taiwan. Maybe tinder is more relationship/dating, but it’s not so popular for LGBT people. I’d suggest using hornet/grindr/jack’d and just be up front that you’re looking for a LTR. If you can’t speak much Chinese then you might need to cast a wide net.

Omi is a pretty popular dating app among the Taiwanese, for both straight and gay people. I highly recommend it. It’s an Asian-made app so there aren’t many Westerners on it, which means more chances for you! (Assuming you are a Westerner.)

To boost your confidence, the app even tells you what percentile you are at in terms of likes. I was top 1%, but who’s counting. :tipping_hand_man:t2:

1 Like

What if I’m looking for a westerner?

I was replying to the OP who is looking for a Taiwanese, but if you’re looking for a Westerner then you’ll find them on Tinder or Bumble.

The couple of times I found a westerner boyfriend on tinder was in Austin…

Taiwan may be different