Where to get electrolyte tablets?

They look kind of gimmicky tbh, and judging from the %NRV values you’d have to take quite a few of them to get a meaningful amount of electrolytes (so not that cheap either).

AFAIK, magnesium oxide has pretty poor bioavailability too. (There’s also magnesium stearate in there, though I’m not sure that’s any better, and if the people selling it are saying that the magnesium oxide is there for magnesium intake it doesn’t inspire confidence…)

I agree.

huge markups are justified by huge liability issues. or at least that seems the only.legitimate excuse for the bulk of health food products pricing schemes. we can sell the exact same.products we sell for food as health food at minimum 3x markup. only different is stricter FDA requirements, label laws, factory setup and mostly: huge amount of liability given the larger quantity of hypochondriacs and OCD folks looking to create problems and use.

most of the stuff we need is available I food form, cheap. extreme physical activity and heat I agree justifies supplementation, but for most people a regular varied diet tends to already have more than is.needed.

but I must insist, check out the baby shops. their manufacturers are regulated far stricter in Taiwan than food and the like. so they should be able to have some nice sodiums, vitamins, minerals and sugars without the bullshit for most people. better than a pharmacy in my opinion, but they have some.good things too

1 Like

I’ve been using these. Non-sweetened. They’ve been pretty great. Especially if, like me, you find stuff like Pocari Sweat tastes too ‘artificial’. They sell them in various pharmacies. One tablet is enough for two 600ml bottles of water.

1 Like