Where to get electrolyte tablets?

I absolutely agree that it’s much convenient to have small packets that you can take on rides and just throw in your regular cycling bottles. Also, you can regulate the amount of powder so you have a more hypo or hypertonic drink.
I’ll keep trying on other baby stores or sports equipment ones.
I’ve seen Nuun tablets or the no sugar Japanese ion supply sachets online, but the prices are so inflated (compared to buying in the US or Japan).

I used to use potassium as well but does anyone know where I can find it ? limited chinese n my local carrefour doesn’t seem to carry it.

These arent good, sttill incredibly sweet! In a pinch i will go for these over the premade plastic/aluminim packaged versions. Still beats an emergency room visit!

Processing: 20210826_000052.jpg…

I bought this from iherb for fasting and hiking. I’m going to try it out tomorrow.

2 Likes

Isn’t most cycling stuff made in taiwan, generally speaking? Seems odd to buy it from the UK of all places

TW seems to have evaded massive e-commerce websites, even domestic ones in that case!

Are they any good?

The Pocari ones? Not that good, but in the pinch 711 sells them.

Bicycles are mostly made in Taiwan, but I would take a guess and say that not all sports supplements are.

Many of the bikes that you see on the road are most likely made here in Taiwan, but many of them get produced in Taiwan, shipped out to overseas warehouse and then shipped back to distributors/stores/customers.

Surely now with our decades of observation in pollution, centuries of experience with logistics, and technology to go interplanetary, we wouldnt dare do something so intentionally harmful?

A post was split to a new topic: How green is cycling?

Guys! I saw Gatorade yesterday at Carrefour Xindian:

They didn’t have the sugar-free version, but I hope it gets here soon!

2 Likes

I’ve had great results with Precision Hydration.

They are not too sweet and include larger doses of sodium than most hydration mixes. 500, 1000, or 1500mg per pouch to be mixed in one bottle.

They are UK based, and I am ordering from the US, so I’m not sure about freight or duty to TW

1 Like

I use to buy Elite electrolyte drops from the US but found it too difficult to buy from Amazon. So I switched to Weider Vitamin In gel sold at convenience stores. Don’t know the contents but it gives me a good energy boost and doesn’t spoil. Sold at Costco by the box.

The electrolytes in them seems to mostly be a lot of sugar or something equivalent. Like up to 45 G of carbohydrates which is more than a coke.

And none or very little potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium, etc.

Need something with no sugar or carbs.

If you find a better option please advise. I use to import Elite Electrolytes.

Think I’ll try this: elete CitriLyte Electrolyte Add-in Hydration Drops.

Would you want something like this: SaltStick Caps?

Nuun is on iHerb and has some key electrolytes (and is low sugar + carbs)

My understanding is that you do need some sugar mixed into drinks for your body to actually absorb the electrolytes, which is part of the reason there’s so much sugar in these things. I don’t believe you actually need that much, but that’s the claim…

1 Like

Those look good.

Problem is I don’t order online. So looking to buy those or similar at shops in Taiwan.

Online ordering is a headache here. IHerb is fine if you spend enough for free shipping but stay under the NT2000 cut off for taxes. They have Nuun and liquid IV for “only” a modest markup above their US prices.

This might be sending you in the wrong direction, but lmnt, one of the drink mix brands people who “need hydration asap” seem to use a lot actually has a “how to” for making your own: How to make LMNT's electrolyte drink mix at home I guess you’d have to hit up the baby stores people mentioned above for the raw ingredients? I don’t think it’s worth it if you’re not planning/prepping your drinks before you head out though (or planning to have it ready to go when you get home)

2 Likes

Decathlon $149/package

Without the sugary insulin trigger (maybe).

1 Like

no idea on brands anymore. but check the baby shops. they have loads without sugar. and being health care /baby related their ingredients and nutrition labels are far more heavily scrutinized than the likes of 711 sugar powders.