Where to meet lesbians?

Hey there,

Sorry if the subject line sounds like I want to pick up girls (that’d be nice, but back to the point…). I’ve heard Taiwan is pretty open about the whole LGBT thing. I’m kinda closeted at home (from the US), and I’m here studying over the summer by myself. I’m open to my friends in college, and I guess you could say I just kind of miss that feeling of support/tolerance/whatever you want to call it. I’d just like to take this window of freedom/opportunity while I’m here in Taipei to meet some other people who I could relate to on this particular level. I know there’s a gay district, but I’m too scared to just go alone (plus I have no one to go with). I guess any suggestions? I mean I’m up to meet or chat too, I guess.

I assume you’re in Taipei? Taboo is the biggest lesbian bar/club here and if you go there on a Friday or a Saturday night you’re bound to meet some new people. I’ve been there alone a couple of times and like you, I was a bit scared, but each time people came up and talked to me. It seems like many Taiwanese lesbians are curious about meeting foreign girls so it’s pretty easy to make connections.

There’s also the Red House Shore group on Facebook that used to do lesbian meetups but it doesn’t seem like they’re very active anymore.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … 3&t=105468

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtop … 3&t=123331