Where to meet local people?

Ha, i’ve been interested in picking up Salsa for a long time. What better place to start than in Taiwan? Do you have any more information?? Thanks!

[quote=“abhapa”]
Ha, I’ve been interested in picking up Salsa for a long time. What better place to start than in Taiwan? Do you have any more information?? Thanks![/quote]

This used to be the place to find info, looks pretty barren now though:

taipeisalsa.com/index.htm

Brass Monkey also does every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, but check their site to be sure.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“abhapa”]
Ha, I’ve been interested in picking up Salsa for a long time. What better place to start than in Taiwan? Do you have any more information?? Thanks![/quote]

Brass Monkey also does every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, but check their site to be sure.[/quote]

Hi, Just walk in/walk up to the place between the San Want hotel and the MRT on Zhong Xiao/ Dun Hua (sections4)

[quote=“is03”]haha to tell you the truth, I;ve never been to any of this social places, yet. I don;t really have the time yet, especially at night.

But I’ll try and see what happens.
Maybe I look to local and people here don’t care about their own… they rather like real foreigners?[/quote]

Yes, getting out more would be a good idea, imho.
I believe that the people here care very much about their own, and 99% will find that Mr or Ms Right is ‘their own’, but just like most other places, some like foreigners. So it seems to me that you have a huge advantage. Good luck.

Local people… thats a myth… there are no locals here.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“abhapa”]

Brass Monkey also does every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, but check their site to be sure.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the info. 100nt and it’s 9pm-midnite. And today’s the 4th tuesday, perfect timing!

Yeah, ask some of the dancers for the other current venues. They tend to move around a lot.

Try some of the stores in the basement of the 101. You like it green, or more tomato-y?

Indeed. Come 2:30 am you can TASTE the oestrogen on your tongue! :laughing: Chunghsiao/Dunhua MRT stop on the Blue line.[/quote]

I was there last night scouting the talent and it was sorta disappointing. Granted it wasn’t 2:30am but still. Has any of you really gotten lucky with anyone from trolling the bookstore?

Well take a book and look into it, while scouting your surrounds. If you see a young lass, start talking about the book.

I would not really know about Monday, but that might just be me. Start of the week and all that.

What kind of chicks hang out at a bookstore at 2am though…just a bizarre thought lol. Anyways will definitely take a look around if not only for shits and giggles…maybe after going out drinking.

Taiwanese chicks would. Student girls of a friday night. I thought prime hunting time would be earlier, but then, what do I know?

I actually tried to some local people… It’s okay. Old people are easier to approach haha! But young ladies here… ah. So weird here!

And trying to get people to language exchange, but it never happens… meh.

I miss my home lol

You are sure you are in Taiwan?

I don’t find them very hard to get in touch with, and issues with young lasses would more be on the account of middle age and a wife who would come down on me like a ton of bricks. (She was a young local lass looking for a BF once, so she knows how they think).

… So what happened exactly?

Did you get “approach anxiety” with young women who you are attracted to?

What are you trying with the language exchange?

… So what happened exactly?

Did you get “approach anxiety” with young women who you are attracted to?

What are you trying with the language exchange?[/quote]

He is trying to get laid obviously.

Now, I speak Chinese and in many instances, doing that as a conversation opener would surprise them enough to get them into a decent conversation before they realized that they were talking to a stranger.

I would imagine that once in a while start talking to people you are interested might help, it has done so for me in the past.

Well, personally, I love bookstores, but I don’t often meet people in them. Even in the US, I rarely know what to say to someone in a bookstore. Only on a rare occasion, is someone reading a book I recognize, much less am interested in.

I have never picked up in a bookstore either, to be brutally honest, I have never even tried.

The bookstore pick up is a myth. Same for the supermarket pick up. The best place to get some action is at the Chinese or Taiwanese Opera. Very best is the Taiwanese street opera.

The trick is to try to sing along, and bring a couple of pots to clang together.

When they sing:

WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY! WhaaayeeeeaaaayeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY! Clang! clang! clang!

You sing and play the same:

WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY! WheeyeeeeaaaayeeeeeyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeY! Clang! clang! clang!

Of course you won’t sound perfect the first time, and THAT is when the ladies come to “help” you.

It is all one elaborate mating ritual, with the loudest and most persistent male getting the first pick of the females, so don’t be shy. And don’t worry if there are no male competitors. That is all the more reason to up your volume and scare them away from your harem.

How old did you say you were?

Dont give up on the bookstore pick up. I know of at least one TW girl who went to the Eslite store on several occasions to allow herself to be picked up. After 3 attempts on 3 different afternoons, she gave up. Cuz nobody tried her on. There are girls out there hoping to be talked to.

p.s. Its not easy of course if people are moving around from aisle to aisle. YOu would have to iden your target , move in incog, grab your chance and let go your volley. All casonova smooth.

It aint easy out there !! YOU need them stationary, for easier targeting. Exchange of glances, etc.

Strangers in the Night Lyrics

Strangers in the night exchanging glances
Wond’ring in the night
What were the chances we’d be sharing love
Before the night was through.

Something in your eyes was so inviting,
Something in your smile was so exciting,
Something in my heart,
Told me I must have you.

Strangers in the night, two lonely people
We were strangers in the night
Up to the moment
When we said our first hello.
Little did we know
Love was just a glance away,
A warm embracing dance away and -

Ever since that night we’ve been together.
Lovers at first sight, in love forever.
It turned out so right,
For strangers in the night.

Love was just a glance away,
A warm embracing dance away -

Ever since that night we’ve been together.
Lovers at first sight, in love forever.
It turned out so right,
For strangers in the night.

This song may be old, but the game hasnt changed.