Where to repair umbrella in Taipei?

I have two umbrellas. One bought for 800 NT and another for 1000 NT. First one has a broken stick in wireframe and another has loose lock mechanism (it randomly closes without pushing button).

Are there any shops in Taipei where they repair umbrellas?

Thanks!

someone a few years ago asked the same thing on bbs.
You have to be able to read Chinese (or ask your Taiwanese friend).
some answers with places, pasted below:

推 flyinsky12: 淡水老街裡有欸 01/04 00:32
推 IsaacJJWang: 台北地下街有可以修 01/04 00:34
→ atsuhana: 城中市場跟沅陵街口好像有 01/04 00:43
推 wylee: 台北市四平街104號 雨傘達人 01/04 00:46
推 ewhurst: 有價值的傘才修,一兩百的傘真的不如買新的 01/04 00:53
→ ewhurst: 看起來壞一個地方,其實別支傘骨也差不多了 01/04 00:53
推 Tbeck: 很好,有環保概念!! 01/04 01:08
推 mimicwpe: 沅陵街中段有 01/04 07:44
推 fareen: 公館捷運站出口有~但其實修傘也不便宜 01/04 08:05

or from google type 雨傘修理

1 Like

37 posts were split to a new topic: Not repairing umbrellas

There are so many independent umbrella shops, one of them must know. Especially the ones that offer lifetime warranty.

1 Like

Thanks for the helpful (and humorous) replies. @others I wonder why you are deriding when someone wants to save money on buying new umbrella. Not only money, but we save many scarce resources when we fix broken things, rather than throwing them away.

7 Likes

If you cannot find a place here are some DIY ideas, good luck.

you can buy Japanese umbrella repair kits for about 400.-NT$ (free shipping) on ebay.

1 Like

I don’t carry an umbrella here, but in the US I always kept a golf umbrella in the trunk of my car. Those things are nearly indestructible, but they’re also too large to carry if not deployed.

In my experience, cheap umbrellas aren’t worth the trouble of repairing. I’ve heard that the British make very good non-golf umbrellas, but expensive. That would probably be the only kind of umbrella I would repair.

Update: I found one exclusive umbrella shop (Rainbow brand). They said they will repair one umbrella for 80-100 NT. It might take two - three weeks, they will call when it is done.

6 Likes

I saw a guy not long ago by one of the storefronts outside that little alley market in front of Taipei Station, on Yuanling Street

1 Like

? Did you make a note so you would remember where to go when your umbrella needs repair?

Nah, I was watching him for a little while while the wife was shopping for whatever, so I remember it.

many companies offer now umbrellas warranty for LIFE ( if any problem they will get you a new one as long as you pay for the shipping fee) —
pricey products but great option

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/umbrellas-with-lifetime-warranties_us_56fac65ee4b0a372181b2137

I used to buy the Liufuji ones (in the little orange, ugly stalls) because they would do some basic repairs to them. An umbrella would run me about NT$600ish.

Wow! Almost 50 replies and not one single useful information! That’s got to be a record! (Besides the useless advices tread, of course)

Ok, let me give my :2cents:

@WindyTown
There’s a store on Taipei Metro Mall that could help you. If you leave nearby you can check it out, otherwise give them a call first:
1534148779176_1

1 Like

Hey, where are my messages?