Where to rollerblade within Taipei

Hello,
Would like to know if there is any nice place to rollerblade within Taipei. I don’t have a car and don’t want to go far.
Ideally, it would be without car and good pavement.
Thanks

long xing park is great for skating (zhongshan middle sch. mrt). definitively my favourite skating spot in taipei cos it doesnt feel/look like taipei at all!

if you are more like ‘acrobatic’, try the ramps on chungshan bei lu (by the baseball field).

I think Y17 has roller blading if you want to do it indoors

Haven’t tried, but TaiDa university looks like it could be a good place for skating. I love to ride the bike through it on weekends. It’s huge, wide roads, interesting buildings, nice and clean, flowers, lake… The pavement seems smooth enough.

TaiDa is on XinSheng and Roosevelt. GongGuan MRT station.

oh, what about through the fountain at 101…probably drive security nuts but great on a hot day.

[quote]Haven’t tried, but Tai-Da university looks like it could be a good place for skating. I love to ride the bike through it on weekends. It’s huge, wide roads, interesting buildings, nice and clean, flowers, lake… The pavement seems smooth enough.

Tai-Da is on Xinsheng and Roosevelt. Gongguan MRT station.[/quote]

isnt tai-da kinda dark at night? i guess it must be great at day.

Here is the address of Y17

9F., No.17, Sec. 1, Ren-ai Rd., Jhongjheng District, Taipei City
Tel:(02)2343-2388 ext 8902

Great for rock climbing, and pretty sure they have roller blading.

A lot of the trails along the rivers are paved now and some of the river parks are great for skating in. Try the park in Yung He beside the Zhong Zheng bridge (a short walk from Dingxi MRT).

I just went through the Da’An park and was reminded that there is a roller skating rink there. If you know the park, it’s near the XinYi side of the park where the children’s playground is.

At 11pm there were some skaters practicing their moves. But there was still plenty of space.

I remember seing large groups of little kids there with coaches, on several occasions before, so at those times you couldn’t get any room to practice.

Also CKS memorial should be good for skating.

I’ve never gone rollerblading before but like ice skating, and thought rollerblading might be fun to try one day after walking past the rink in Da-an park…but where can you hire skates?

I have a Skate Shop on Auiguo East Rd, #20. We open from 1pm Mon to Fri and 10am to 9pm weekends. Skate Hire is $150 for the day.
Rinks, indoors and out are a bit limited size wise if you can really skate.
Tai Da mentioned earlier is a terrific place to skate, night or day.
CKS is good, they have sign posted no skating but the cops dont enforce it there.
The bike paths alongTaipeis riverside parks can be good but are a mixed bag because some of them are too narrow if you have much of a stride and in places can be tiled, or lots of small stones, gaping cracks. The road reccomeneded on Yong He side of the river is good too.
We have a group road skate most every week leaving from the shop, Fridays usually. Skate to Beitan, Sun Yat Sen, Neihu, once they skated to Danshui and back in a night!

If you want more info feel free to call me.

Geoff
0935 581 578

I like the roof of my building. Nice smooth concrete and lots of cables to grab onto to keep from falling over the edge 13 stories down to Hsin Yi Rd. :smiling_imp: Also no audience to laugh when you fall down (which is often for me right now as make the switch from blades on ice to quads on concrete).

Whoda thunk I’d have worse balance on four wheel quads than on a single narrow blade? :idunno:

Any rollerblading groups out there? Looking to rollerblade outside if there are any groups that get together. Kind of like those “clubs” in universities, but I’m looking for any groups (clubs) outside universities.
Thank you!