Where to study in Taiwan?

Hi everyone! I hope I could get some help, Right know Im about to get into college, and I was wondering where I can study a Bachelor in architecture in Taiwan? Ive seen a lot of universities but Im not from Taiwan and my chinese its not pretty good, Does any university teaches this degree in english? if not which university is more friendly with their international students? thanks soo much for your help in my research I would be absolutely grateful for your responses!

1 Like

You can search some options in https://www.studyintaiwan.org/

1 Like

It would be better to check first if there are scholarships available for your country. I usually see a lot of scholarship-related posts on Study In Taiwan’s FB page, tho I cba to check it now since I just deactivated my socials.

Judging from the school I’m studying at rn, foreign undergraduate students are required to learn Mandarin, as most undergrad courses are taught in that language. Mandarin courses are usually offered by the university so dw much about it. The ones that are usually taught in English are courses for graduate/doctorate students.

Those are the bottom of the barrel sort of universities in Taiwan though. Also “Under 50% taught in English” most likely means only one or two classes are taught in English. I’d say if the OP doesn’t know Chinese, it would be pretty tough to study for a degree in architecture in Taiwan.

1 Like

I did my undergraduate degree in Taiwan as an American.
As far as degrees taught in English they do exist but I doubt any schools will have a architecture degree in English. They will probably use English text books from time to time but the professor is likely to lecture mostly in Mandarin.

My advice would be to apply for one of the long term scholarships available for foreigners tying to do degree in Taiwan. Then spend a year or two studying Mandarin at a language center. After a year you will still struggle to understand the lectures that are in Chinese.
There are schools with a lot of degrees taught in English but they are mostly crap. The better route is to do a degree at a good university taught in Mandarin.